Thread: extra audio tracks not rendering

Default extra audio tracks not rendering

just signed up, didnt see a welcome section - here from the states, thanks in advance.

I am new to Vegas, using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c to edit AVCHD files. I want to upload to youtube in HD so I am rendering to MPEG2 using th HDV 1080-60i template.

I have multiple audio tracks, but the rendered video is missing all audio other than that with the original video file (music & sound effects missing). Is there some setting I should change?

I have tried multiple things & have been searching for a while but still no luck. It has to be an easy fix, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starwipe View Post
    just signed up, didnt see a welcome section - here from the states, thanks in advance.
    It's under "General Discussion", "Forum Announcements, News and Off Topic".

Welcome anyway

I am new to Vegas, using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c to edit AVCHD files. I want to upload to youtube in HD so I am rendering to MPEG2 using th HDV 1080-60i template.

I have multiple audio tracks, but the rendered video is missing all audio other than that with the original video file (music & sound effects missing). Is there some setting I should change?

I have tried multiple things & have been searching for a while but still no luck. It has to be an easy fix, right?
    Do the extra sounds play in your preview?
    Can you post a screen grab of your timeline (immediately before you go to "File | Render")
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's under "General Discussion", "Forum Announcements, News and Off Topic".

Welcome anyway

Do the extra sounds play in your preview?
    Can you post a screen grab of your timeline (immediately before you go to "File | Render")
    yes I can hear them in preview AND if I render to .wmv. I can also get all the audio tracks in an .ac3 file, but then I have a video and separate audio file & I don't know how to work with that

It seems my problem is when I try to render in HD. Maybe I can merge all the tracks into one? I don't need any surround sound.

heres a screen shot of my timeline and render settings
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting. Do I take it tracks 2-5 are the original audio?
    I don't have an answer i'm afraid, not having worked with surround sound files. Unless we're missing something in the symptoms you've described, it actually sounds like a fault.

I can think of work arounds, but a definitive reason/solution would be preferable.

Simple workaround:
    Render the video as you want.
    Render the sound in a different format (does it work OK rendering a wav)

Create a new project, import the video, import the wav and delete the original sound.

Hopefully someone who's familiar with thiis aspect will be able to come up with the "why", though.
    Tim

When you render to ac3 it has the ability to take encoding for surround sound, just use the correct template.

"but then I have a video and separate audio file & I don't know how to work with that"
    Not sure what you mean above, what separate video, & audio?

If surround is not required, then go to project properties AUDIO and change to stereo and then try it an all should be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    go to project properties AUDIO and change to stereo and then try it an all should be well.

GENIUS!!!

Thank you! that was it.. simple fix and I'm retarded.

Also, thank you Tim, sorry if I was a little unclear.

...back to editing

Blog Entries

Also, thank you Tim, sorry if I was a little unclear.
    Not at all. You don't always know what info is relevant. Anyway I'm glad Cheema stepped in or I'd have had you doing loads of extra work
    Tim