Thread: MovieBox DV to upload VHS tapes

Default MovieBox DV to upload VHS tapes

I just about cope with basic editing from a mini DV camcorder using Ulead Videostudio 9.

I now want to do the older VHS-C tapes and bought on e-Bay a Pinnacle MovieboxDV to do this. It came with one CD which contains a video tutorial and pdf manual for Studio 8. Should there be another CD to install Studio 8?

Is it possible to use the Moviebox to upload the tapes and then edit them in Ulead?

I can't tell you if it should come with Pinnacle Studio 8, what does it say on the box ? Check with the person you bought it from.

You should be able to edit what ever you capture through the MovieBox. I've never used one but I presume it will just make a .avi file or maybe a .mpg file which the Ulead software will be able to edit.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. Bought from e-bay some time ago, only just got round to trying it. Looking at various websites that used to sell it the box should have included a hardwar CD and Studio 8 editing CD.

Guess I'll have to try to locate these from somewhere, presumably e-bay.

Sorry about that buddy make sure you give the Ebay seller a bad report.

Good luck.