Thread: Extreme Sports Video - Nice transitions - please Comment

Default Extreme Sports Video - Nice transitions - please Comment

Hey there this is a video of mine. I tried some nice transitions. Can you give me some ideas for more transitions like that? Please tell me what you think about the video Thank you!

Blog Entries

Extreme sports & nice transitions are two phrases that normally make me cringe and so it was with some trepidation that I ventured to look at this.

And how glad I am that I did.

The film itself was well shot and well edited and you left plenty of time in there to get a feel for the surroundings rather than blast us with the agility all the time.

But what a great lesson in how transitions should be used. Whether or not these use plug-ins, it's clear that each one has been meticulously hand-crafted. The reflecton in the sunglasses is a real corker. I'll forgive the fact the cameraman is reflected in the shades as you have to examine the transition to spot this.

Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Tim

That is probably the best film of this type that I have seen. As for the transitions, mate, your a master from which we can all learn. I particularly loved the sunglasses and the run down the steps to the beach. Each one of them are so well done that you just have to rewind and see them again to check if they really were transitions. I also liked the way you chose to show the out takes reduced screen, that works really well.

Brilliant effort, never mind the skill involved in doing the stunts. I take my hat off to you sir!

Hey guys thank you very much for your answers.

I d really like to make another video of this type but i don t want to use the same transitions, that d be boring... so i m looking for some ideas... if you have anything in your mind feel free to tell me... thank you

I'm really impress with the amount of thought and effort you have put into this. You have created a great video. Did you plan the shots and transitions before the shoot or just work it all out later in editing?

No critique just compliments. Best vid of this type that I've seen in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twio X View Post
    I d really like to make another video of this type but i don t want to use the same transitions, that d be boring... so i m looking for some ideas... if you have anything in your mind feel free to tell me... thank you
    When I think about it I don't think I have ever shot footage with the intention of using a transition, however watching your film has now added your idea to my potential repertoire.

Take the shot at 1'29" where you run down the steps and emerge onto the beach. There is a natural edge formed by the tree that is clearly perfect for cutting into the next scene. You make it look even better as you continue to pan the camera in the same direction from the initial shot to the second. Now in my view it would have been perfection if your figure had entered the new shot from the left of frame rather than the right as it would become the common link between the two and fool the eye even more.

I am not sure you really need suggestions as your mind already seems attuned to spotting such opportunities for interesting transitions. Also don't let your desire to use them detract from what the film is about.

8. Default

Echo all the above sentiments....the editing and stunts are equally impressive....do love the sunglass effect as well

the sunglasses effect was really a late idea which i had to shot at a location what wasn t the best for that... but it went good... the idea with the palm tree transition is good... i d like to test something like that th enext time... hope that it would look very nice and realistic... we ll see. another thing does anyone here knows how to do the bullettime effect. a friend of mine told me, that it s possible with only two cams... does anyone know that?? if yes please gimme some ideas how to do it...

Alex