Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to mute very tiny part of video file

Default How to mute very tiny part of video file

Hi all. i want to mute a very tiny,millisecond part of a video file. i tried instruction give on this post
    Code:
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-vegas-media-studio/14413-mute-parts-audio-help-request.html
    but i couldnt get it. can any one please explain me how to do that and what is audio envelope?
    do you guys know any other simple software. i tried with Windows movie maker too but it mutes entire audio. i just want to mute very little part of video file. please help me out. its very urgent.

Here is a non expert way of doing it.

Go to the point on the timeline that you want to mute. Make the time line really big by scrolling the mouse. This will help you to choose the exact "millisecond". go to a point just before the sound and then press the s key. This will split the track. next move to a point just after the track and then press the s key. You should now have a little section which you can right click and select mute.

I do not recommend this method. I have only had this software for a week, so I'm by no means an expert. BUT if no one else comes up with a better method of doing it you have something you can use.

hey, thanks. got it. now tell me further proces. after muting, how can i save the edited movie file?

Blog Entries

MBs method works and is simple. Personally I'd do the editing with an audio envelope. Right clck the track with the audio on, insert /remove envelope, Volume (or select the track and go Shift + V)
    You now have a line along the middle of the track which represents the volume as it stands. To increase the volume, drag it up, and to decrease drag it down. Which so far isn't particlarly useful.
    Now, do what B says to zoom in on the area you want to edit.
    Double click just before the part you want to edit out. This creates a "node" a fixed point on your "envelope". Now create three more nodes, one after the sound you want to edit out and two in between.
    You can now drag down the line between the middle two nodes to decrease the volume to -inf (silence)

The advanage of this is the flexibility it gives you of moving the nodes around so you can get a nice smooth fade out and back in again.

As for saving

If you mean save it in a form that you can play in a media player (rather than saving the edit list so that Vegas and only Vegas can work with it)
    File Render
    Then choose what format you want to render as.
    Tim

See, I knew there would be a proper way to do it.

Thanks Tim

hey, thanks but there is still one problem with saving. i muted the specific part , then select ctr+a and then cliked on create group(G) to attach video and audio but
    when i click on render and saves as avi file, it just saves the second part of file. part after mute. how can i reattach everything and save file from start to end?

@TimStannard, could u do a favour for me. could you do above workk for me. i know this is my work but it would more convinient if you do it for me. its just baby work for you. infact you will do better, cause its not the word that i want to mute. its part of the two continious words. i want to remove "ling" "feeling good". so it should sound "feel good". i did from my part but its not good to hear, words are breaking up. i want to make it smooth, like you said about fading. can you do it for me,please?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T_1000 View Post
    hey, thanks but there is still one problem with saving. i muted the specific part , then select ctr+a and then cliked on create group(G) to attach video and audio but
    when i click on render and saves as avi file, it just saves the second part of file. part after mute. how can i reattach everything and save file from start to end?
    That's because when you're redering you (a) have the second part of the video "selected" (ie you have created a "selection" aka "loop region" - there's a grey (or blue) line across the top of the second part of the video AND (b) on the Render dialog, you have "render loop region only" check box checked.

Eiether de-select the "render loop region only" checkbox or select the whole video (just click and drag across it) before redering. I prefer the second method becuase sometime I find I had a small clip far to the right of the timeline and I end up rendering a file with loads of trailing black!
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T_1000 View Post
    @TimStannard, could u do a favour for me. could you do above work for me. i know this is my work but it would more convinient if you do it for me. its just baby work for you. infact you will do better, cause its not the word that i want to mute. its part of the two continious words. i want to remove "ling" "feeling good". so it should sound "feel good". i did from my part but its not good to hear, words are breaking up. i want to make it smooth, like you said about fading. can you do it for me,please?
    The issue here is not so much about the use of the software as the way in which we speak. What you're rying to do will never sound right.

When we say "feeling" we split it into two syllables FEE - LING with the "L" very much part of the second syllable. So spliting after the "L" will always sound falsly muted, no matter how good a fade you put in. "L"

Also when we say "feel" it's almost two syllables - FEE - YAL.

What I'm trying to say is the the "feel" part of "feeling" just doesn't sound like feel.

If I'm faced with something I want to cheat like this, I'll look for somewhere else in the audio where there's an "eel" (or EE - YAL) sound, preferably the word feel but any eel sound will do and edit that in.

Have you got anything that fits? (I'm happy to give it a go if you have)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    See, I knew there would be a proper way to do it.
    I know you're only just experimenting with Vegas MB, but you've just GOT to get into envelopes - definitely for volume. You'll never know how you managed without them!
    Tim

hey TM, these are videos. as sony vegas dosent support *.flv format, i have converted it into avi format. this is the link. there are 2 files which are same. take big size file first. second file is also same one.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/311604898/Copy_of_herbafuel2.1_0.zip.html
    please try asap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast