Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Football video....need to add highlite marker to identify

  1. #1

    Default Football video....need to add highlite marker to identify

    I'm new to this forum........I am currently editing a football highlite film for my son. I need to add a small arrow or some other type of marker to the film above his helmet to identify him in certain plays. Could you folks recommend a program for doing that.? Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,514
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Any software that allows for multiple video layers such as Pure Motion Edit Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Any software that allows for multiple video layers such as Pure Motion Edit Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements.

    Does the software documentation describe how to do it?

    I felt lucky just to burn the stuff onto DVD....let alone add anything!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Any software that allows for multiple video layers such as Pure Motion Edit Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements.

    Does the software documentation describe how to do it?
    The docs may not include an example of exactly what you want to do in the context you want it but you should be able to do it simply enough as follows...

    Create a small graphic of the arrow (or similar) you want to use to highlight the player of choice. Use your favourite image editor for this.

    In your NLE, import your footage and place on layer 1. import your graphic and place in layer 2 so that it is always 'above' the footage and visible. Edit the graphic so it is only visible when needed by adjusting start and end time.

    Using the tool's PIP features simply animate the arrow over time by keyframing the position and/or size as required.

    I felt lucky just to burn the stuff onto DVD....let alone add anything!
    It might have been better to finish editing before burning to DVD

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Any software that allows for multiple video layers such as Pure Motion Edit Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements.

    Does the software documentation describe how to do it?
    The docs may not include an example of exactly what you want to do in the context you want it but you should be able to do it simply enough as follows...

    Create a small graphic of the arrow (or similar) you want to use to highlight the player of choice. Use your favourite image editor for this.

    In your NLE, import your footage and place on layer 1. import your graphic and place in layer 2 so that it is always 'above' the footage and visible. Edit the graphic so it is only visible when needed by adjusting start and end time.

    Using the tool's PIP features simply animate the arrow over time by keyframing the position and/or size as required.

    I felt lucky just to burn the stuff onto DVD....let alone add anything!
    It might have been better to finish editing before burning to DVD

    Thank you so much for your help......I didn't know you could do those little extras until I finished.......back to the keyboard!

  6. #6

    Default

    Ok......I've got a marker overlayed in Premier pro. Once I get into effects controls, is there anyway to drag the marker into the proper postion in each keyframe to align it over the player , or do I have to change the positon manually using coordinates??

  7. #7

    Default

    Never mind .........figured it out......

Similar Threads

  1. all of my work (football tricks)
    By joshyb in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
  2. Vid for Football Contest
    By Subnoise in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 03:52 AM
  3. 1st Go at using Studio 10 Football Video
    By elliottlock in forum User Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. American Football Video
    By jcdenton in forum User Videos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 11:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •