Thread: creating a live feed delay and recording at the same time.

Default creating a live feed delay and recording at the same time.

hello all

i have an idea for a project i want to create:

basically i want to use a video camera to record a fixed space while projecting it at the same time, but with a four minute delay. and recording it too for documentation

i have all the equipment (digital video camera, digital projector and a lap top) but i was wondering how i can record onto the laptop and project with a four minute delay at the same time.

im scratching my head at the moment but any help will be gratefully appreciated

thanks

Jack

Default Did you figure it out?

Jack,
    I want to do something similar. Did you ever figure out a way? I am combing the internet.
    Thanks,
    Anne

This page How to delay a live stream in Windows Media Services 9 Series may help.

AFAIK, "Windows Media Services" is free to download and install onto a Windows Server. (But - be aware of Microsoft licencing issues before enabling public access to the service.)

Thanks for the reply, Tim! I actually have a Mac. Any thoughts?
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by anitzah View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Here are some thoughts:

(1)
    I suspect that using one machine (PC or Mac) to perform both tasks (recording and playback) may become very CPU intensive; depending on the required frame rate, colour res, compression, frame size etc.

(2)
    'streaming video mac' may be a useful Google search. I suspect there is software for a Mac which can perform like a video server; but many may require a second machine.

(3)
    Why is the delay required? It won't help solve your query; but I am curious.

I did that gag for my turner entry in 1982. Artists who cant understand basic techonlogy should stick to crayons - or macs -

Did some more looking around - it looks like it will probably be pretty easy to do with Isadora.
    Thanks for the replies, though!
    It's for a dance performance. The wall being filmed will be projected back onto it, so that the dancer can interact with his/her past movements.