Thread: Private Film Shoot with Crusty Demons Rider "Chucky Norris"

Default Private Film Shoot with Crusty Demons Rider "Chucky Norris" (Freestyle Motocross)

Heres a clip I filmed and edited over the weekend and thought some of you on here would appreciate this. Might be a bit different to what your used to but editing all the same. Let me know what you think

Last edited by ash50; 11-23-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Wow !

whilst i understand this style of music is the staple diet for these type videos to my ears its fugin HORRENDOUS (but that's just personnel )

Really enjoyed your video ash, editing worked for me, nice colour, cool slo mo

would have liked to have heard more of the bike's engine noise but apart from that good stuff

Blog Entries

VERY nice! I liked the close-ups at the beginning (fairly strandard stuff, I know, but it works) and would have liked to have seen a few more during the rest of the film. You put in a few, but I'd have liked to have seen some closeups of his face (concentration, etc) though I appreciate with a full face helmet wuth the viso closed I'm asking perhaps a bit much.

Kissing his(?) little girl at the end was a great touch. Well done for capturing and including that - stops the film being all macho macho.
    As far as the music's concerned - yeah hard rock style is pretty much de rigeur for this sort of material. However, I think vocals unless absolutely complementary, detract from the film. Consider using instrumental pieces/sections.

And...he's a bit good, isn't he?
    Tim

Superb film but I too hate that music, it was too strong in my opinion. You got some fantastic shots with great framing. I don't think I would have included the taking a leak shot. Kissing the kiddy was a real nice touch.

Thanks heaps, and yeh i'll try using some more close ups and stuff. good to here from other editors point of view as motorbike riders just say thats SICK! The music is used cause its meant to hype up and plus they all love it. The shot I used of him taking a piss is so you could get a feel for like kind of who he is, his a bit of a bad ass and yet he still is a good guy. Tried to show it rather than just like every other riding clip only show the riding.

Well at the end of the day you have to address the needs of your audience otherwise they are never going to watch it. If think your doing that just fine. When commenting on films I ought to ask myself from whose viewpoint the comments are being made. The point about the taking a leak shot was firmly mine, but then again I am not the target audience so it should be taken with a pinch of salt, or salt substitute as Midnight would say. I really should listen to him as he is probably thinner than me, and better looking, and has more money, and a nicer car, and better holidays......

I quite like this type of music however this type needs to be edited in tight sync with the visuals to give impact, unfortunately this wasn't done and it seemed to flow over the images without any real pace or direction.
    Some of the images were stunning (pity about that bloody tree though).
    More angles would have been good.perhaps from the ground with the bike passing close and at speed. Maybe 45 degree angle shots from below the ramp (If you were brave enough) .
    There is loads of good shots in there. I especially like some of the slowmo.
    Good little film 4 out of 5 from me

9. Default

you should try a bullet time scene... have the bike jump off of a ramp with a green/blue screen background and have dozens of camers forming a circle to take a picture when you launch off of the ramp..now that would be cool.. even though the matrix already did it :P hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Well at the end of the day you have to address the needs of your audience otherwise they are never going to watch it. If think your doing that just fine. When commenting on films I ought to ask myself from whose viewpoint the comments are being made. The point about the taking a leak shot was firmly mine, but then again I am not the target audience so it should be taken with a pinch of salt, or salt substitute as Midnight would say. I really should listen to him as he is probably thinner than me, and better looking, and has more money, and a nicer car, and better holidays......
    I don't know about thinner, or the more money part, maybe a nicer car although it is over ten years old now, I don't do holidays, I've been self employed for 25 years !

I would normally agree with Solway about cutting to the music but I'm not sure that would be very easy with this type of shoot.

I forgot to mention my favourite shot was when he did a jump, disappeared behind the hill and then reappeared in mid air.