Thread: Sound in Premiere and Encore

Default Premiere/Encore

A couple of general questions:

1. Is it universally the case - i.e. does it happen to everyone else - that, when capturing in Premiere Pro, I don't hear any sound until I hit the 'record' button?

2. Is it equally universal, in Encore, that sound is generally waaaay out of sync with picture while building/previewing the project, but it all comes right again when you transcode/commit the project to DVD? (And, this being the case, how is that possible given that a key selling feature of the ADVC-55 is its 'unique' ability to ensure sound and picture are kept in sync?)
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

No, I believe I get sound before, during and after capture! (Although this is one of those things you have to go away and check! I'll hook up my ADVC100 unit and see, but I'm sure I do).

Your video and audio is probably in synch for the AVI file, just that Encore is playing silly buggers with you in preview. Never had this problem as I import by transcoded mp2 and wav/ac3 files into Encore and get beautiful video!

Hmm, thanks Marc. It's so long since I imported stuff from my digital camera, I don't recall whether the lack of sound in 'pre capture' is also true, or when it's just when I'm importing analog stuff.

Can you be bothered to tell me more about how you transcode to MPEG2 and wav/AC3 before importing into Encore?

1. Why?
    2. Do you use a third party encoder?
    3. Does it impose any limitations on what you can do in Encore? (e.g. can you still add chapter markers?)
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...