Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flashing colors problem with sony vegas

Default flashing colors problem with sony vegas

my problem is in my videos (.avi) i have red blue lines, smudges blinking on some of the videos

however, if i go onto pixel format option thing in properties on sony vegas 9 and change it to the last 32bit one and then back to 8bit the lines dissapear and are gone. ive also tried recording the clips again and restarting vegas but nothing, can anybody help me please?

Do the avi clips play OK on another player? Windows media player.

Also the picture is a bit small to see the problem as it looks as though there are two clips there, clashing.

Blog Entries

This has occurred for a few people a few time. And I suspect Cheema's right - bits of other clips are thown in there for good measure.

I find it tends to happen when there's a lot going on - loads of tracks & masking. This has only happened for me since going to v9.0c (and possibly 9.0b). Usually a system restart and a thorough defrag sorts it out for me. A nuisance which i hope will go aways when the next update arrives (or I move to 64 bit)
    Tim

hello, thanks for the replies. Yes the clips do the exact same thing in windows media player and ive even tried it on VLC media player its all the same. Ive deleted all of the effects on my clips too, all ive got are the clips, ingame sound, and a track. Any other ideas?

Good were getting somewhere, the fact it is happening in the players and in Vegas, means it has to be common in the captured file.

If the clip is played in the camera is it OK?
    What camera is it?
    How did you capture?

Im actually using avidemo because im recording ingame footage. i use virtual dub to make the screenshots into a .avi file. ive done it this way for about 7 of my clips and nothing was going wrong, i took a break for about a month from it and when i came back the problem just appeared out of nowhere. sorry if this doesn't help

7. Default

did the game update since you took a break from filming? because you may have to update your graphics card driver..and try to use fraps if you can..so much better

No it hasn't updated, Ive also updated my graphics card to the latest driver too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Good were getting somewhere, the fact it is happening in the players and in Vegas, means it has to be common in the captured file.
    And, by the same token, is NOT the issue to which I was referring.
    Tim

10. Default

ahhh..a possible culprit..try the old driver you had.. because if it only started after you updated your driver..then there might be the issue.

also.. try to find the omega drivers.. they tend to be..or atleast used to be better then the stock drivers because the guy behind them used to tweak the drivers and insert the best bits from the older drivers which can increase game performance by a bit..that is if he still does it.. not looked for a fair while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast