Thread: not so much as a problem

1. Default not so much as a problem

hey hey,

currently i have an ATI radeon x800 XT 512mb g-card. I got it when i got my computer, about 4 years ago maybe, or perhaps 5 ... it has served me well all up until modern warfare 2 as the game will not play as i need a card capable of pixel shader 3.0 and mine is only 2.0 or something like that.

i don't want to break the bank as it were.. i'm not one of those who needs everything on max settings etc etc... So, i was wondering, would the nvidia 9800 GT card be good enough and would it be much of a boost over my previous card? and will it actually allow me to play MW2? =)

my current system is a dell xps 3rd generation gaming machine (the best comp for those who cannot afford alienware..or atleast it used to be)

3.6ghz P4 with HT

3 gig ram

200 gig hard drive

and one of those over powered special editions audigy sound cards.

Looks like good spec PC for the money. I've heard good things about the 9800 GT card but I don't know about games so I can't advise you on that.

You might want to consider upping the Ram to 4 Gig and a second HD of 1Tb. The 200Gb HD is fine for the OS and Apps but if you are editing footage it's always best to have those files on a different HD. Also it's amazing how much space you need once you've got through a few projects.