Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Upload To Youtube

Default Video Upload To Youtube

This has been a problem of myne for a long time now. I used to render and upload my videos to youtube as mp4 which was good but the quality wasnt the best. So I followed one of those youtube tutorials "upload your videos in the best quality possible" so I followed all the instructions of rendering, aspect ratio, frame rate etc an yes it made my video good quality but the music went out of sync which was very annoying.

Watching my videos out of sync is very frustrating because I spend a lot of time editing them. No one seems to notice it too much but it really annoys me.

So basicaly I just want to know the best format to upload my videos to youtube with pretty decent quality an the music ON sync.

Also the camera I use is a Canon MD225.

Thanks, Laurie.

Hey thanks heaps for your reply. I clicked on the video tutorial thing from that link but the video is private. That thread is also quite old an apparently youtube's changed a lot since then.

Blog Entries

The thread covers the changes.
    Tim

Thanks Tim I just had a big read through that thread and theres all types of settings I could follow, do you know which one would be the best for my camera ?

Also some of my videos I have saved in the highest quality but dont have the project anymore. If I find a way to save them to youtube would dragging the high quality clip into vegas an following the instructions be the same ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laurie_hammy View Post
    Also some of my videos I have saved in the highest quality but dont have the project anymore. If I find a way to save them to youtube would dragging the high quality clip into vegas an following the instructions be the same ?
    Yes, absolutely.
    Tim

I was told rendering with vegas is very complicating an very hard to get a good result and was recomended MPEG Streamclip with these settings:

Mov

Compression "H.264"

Quality 50% or higher

Sound: MPEG AAC, Stereo, 44.1khz, 128 kbps

Frame size if widescreen - 1024+768

It not "768+576"

(I have some videos where the footage is a mixture of widescreen and non widescreen so would this be a problem ?)

Blog Entries

768x576 is the resolution for PAL Standard Definition. If the file you're creating is not PAL SD then you'll want whatever resolution is appropriate for the medium you're intending it to play on.
    I regularly mix widescreen and 4:3 siource files and have no problem.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    768x576 is the resolution for PAL Standard Definition. If the file you're creating is not PAL SD then you'll want whatever resolution is appropriate for the medium you're intending it to play on.
    I regularly mix widescreen and 4:3 siource files and have no problem.
    Yeah my camera is a Mini DV. I wish I knew more about this stuff, aspect ratio etc. I have rendered a video that has mixed widescreen and non widescreen an it just means theres black bars along the top an bottom when the widescreen footage comes up but I dont think that is a problem ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast