Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macabre parade

Default Macabre parade

Hello all,

I thought I would take this 1st post of mine as an opportunity to showcase some of my own work.
    A short film I made in the early hours. Shot in Cambridge. I wanted to emphasize the feeling of wonder and imagination. I hope that comes across.
    I also put together a recent showreel of some of my work which I am responsible for filming, directing, producing and editing.
    Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Harry Reavley.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASJzEU2tfbc]YouTube - Macabre Parade[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5QpdSIJK4]YouTube - Harry Reavley Showreel 2009[/ame]

I think you are talented with your camera. I'm afraid I just didn't get the "feeling of wonder and imagination" from your video. I like the idea of walking through the streets alone at night in your underwear, It makes a good subject. There was to much time laps/speeded-up stuff. The shot of the head shaking at the bus stop etc. normally indicates confusion or madness or even a transformation.

I kind of liked it as an artistic piece interesting shots or even technical piece of filming but the communication you intended didn't work for me. The music also didn't fit the intended message.

I'm sorry if this disappoints you but I have to be honest about these things.

Thank you for your comment.

I only have myself to blame for what I posted. I was not thinking properly and rushed to get it up on here without really getting across what I was trying to say.

My intention of this piece really was for the viewer to have their own interpretation of what is going on. I just wanted to use a collection of images that kind of leaves you wondering.
    I personally think that the piece of music used has a very haunting quality about it which is exactly what I wanted to achieve and fits the scenes well - but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes, the music does have a haunting quality which if you get from the movie what I got does fit.

Blog Entries

FWIW I found it rather disturbing. I don't know why, but the word schizophrenia was on my mind throughout. Without your comments to go on I'd have interpreted this as acontrast between beauty and madness.

Beautiful model/actress.
    Tim

Yes, a disturbing, beautiful, madness. Thats what I got from it.

You obviously struck something in me because I'm still interested in it.

Thank you again for your feedback. The girl used throughout is my girlfriend. I wanted to use her in a dark/disturbing/beautiful piece. I am very glad that I have ticked all the boxes that I wanted to set out to.

Some of the images are disturbingly excellent. I thought the music was really complimentary.
    Its not a production for the masses or for people with no imagination.
    A bit artyfarty for me but worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by solway View Post
    A bit artyfarty for me but worth a watch.
    I love the way you some things up in a down to eath way.

Its what they call Blunt. I've had trouble with it all my life (Got it off my mother).
    Once people get to know me they realize I'm not malicious.

Too stupid to bemalicious Don't spell very well either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast