Thread: Embedr

Default Embedr

Some news!

Are your videos scattered across more than one platform? Want a way to play all those scattered videos from one place? This may be your answer.

Two days ago I came across a new video service called Embedr. This is not a site where you upload videos. Instead, at this site you can custom embed your videos, from across multiple sites, and put them all into a single piece of code that you can then embed in your webpage. This is neat, as I can now make all of my videos available from a handsome code object. Besides a viewer, the player also has a scrolling menu where visitors can look through your playlist and select which video they wish to see.

Here is the link to the website: Embedr

Here is a link to one of my websites where I have put this player to practical use: Imagineering
    Last edited by worddigger; 11-16-2009 at 09:10 AM.

I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't get any of your videos to play from your site that includes the ones on the home page and all the ones on the new embedr player.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't get any of your videos to play from your site that includes the ones on the home page and all the ones on the new embedr player.
    I'm observing that the Embedr website seems to be experiencing some overload. Sometimes I see the same issues. I guess this should be expected.

Blog Entries

What do you see as the main advantage here? To be honest, this is provided by a thousand and one youtube clones. You paste the URL in, and it essentially provides a new embed code. But why?

I don't have videos scattered around the web, because I only upload them to the one site I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    What do you see as the main advantage here? To be honest, this is provided by a thousand and one youtube clones. You paste the URL in, and it essentially provides a new embed code. But why?

I don't have videos scattered around the web, because I only upload them to the one site I trust.
    I see your point and agree with it, for the most part. But there are considerations that have merit.

1. I do have videos on more than one hosting site, due to length and format issues. This allows me to bundle them into a central (and adjustable) presentation form. Therefore, it is a convenient tool.

2. Because of its novelty, it is also currently bringing me new viewing traffic. This, of course, is only temporary and will fade off as the site fills up.

Prediction: In the long run, Google will probably buy out the company and exploit it as a compliment to the YouTube brand and another revenue generating advertising vehicle.

Other than that, it is as useless and time wasting as Twitter.