Thread: Panasonic NV-GS300 camcorder

Cool Panasonic NV-GS300 camcorder

Hi There,

I have a Panasonic NV-GS300 camcorder which I have 2 issues with that I hope someone can help on please Ė

--> SD Cardís donít seem to work
    --> Black & White out put only and no sound when I connect it up to my TV.

I have tried several SD cards and the camcorder just doesnít recognise it and just comes up with a card error message. I donít know if its because I have a newer SD card or if it just only likes maybe the old versions ?

Also the AV cable that came with the box has a yellow lead (Video) and 2 audio cables (red & white) and a black lead (out video). Tried to connect it to my TV and all I get is a black & white picture with no sound. Tried changing the settings on my TV and Camcorder, no joy at all.

Iíve checked the manual and it doesnít really help with either of the issue. Iíd just like some advice as its really frustrating because itís a nice enough camcorder

Any help would be really appreciated

Is the SD card Formated ?

The out put to TV sounds like a TV settings problem.

Cool Hey

Tried formatting the card, tried using 3 different SD cards, old ones, new ones. Still no jop.

Tried all the different TV settings on my TV, still black and white

I'm sorry if my suggestions are a bit rubbish and general but I'm stabbing in the dark here.
    I have no clue about the memory card unless it's something like the card is a 32 Gb and the camera can only take up 16Gb.

With the TV are you sure you have the correct av channel that your looking at. With my old Sony TV I could see my video player in black and white with no sound on one av channel but when you flip to the next it was full colour full sound. I don't know how or why.

I am presuming the GS300 is the same as the 200 (which I have) it has small jack plug out for analogue with component (Yellow, Red White) to plug into the TV. Have you tried plugging the component into another device like a Video player ?

On the menu in the camera is the AV set to out ?

On the GS200 there is also an S-Video socket next to the firewire. Have you tried that to connect to the TV.

Just a few things to look at. Like I said I'm really stabbing in the dark.