Thread: One of those days...

Blog Entries

Default One of those days...

Dunno why but the 'puter just will not edit my latest project. Went to a Flight Sim convention in Holland to meet up with a few mates. It's geeksville and the camcorder got loads of shots of the nerds in their element. Now the computer is buggering about. It keeps telling me that the files are offline... No they're not! Look, you fecking electronic moron! there they are! Then it keeps re-naming them, or tells me that they're the wrong format.

For some reason this feckin' machine just will not edit computer geeks at play.

Other files.. No problem, just stuff shot on this weekend seems to freak it out. Back to the good old days of film, scissors and glue I say!

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one that 'puters have a paddy at!

(Or is it the software?? That has a nasty habit of turning its nose up at something it ate yesterday, just like my grandsons!!)

Perhaps it's taking out revenge on you for leaving it over the weekend. Computers have feelings you know. AND they are female. Give it some TLC it will eventually come round.

Sounds like it needs a good slap to me Gaffer. Have you tried threatening it with a branch, ala Faulty Towers.

Are you a flightsim buff then Gaffer? I was a while back, spent a bloody fortune on it. When I used to work at gatwick a special constable I knew was an engineer on the real ones and used to take us in on nights for a play. Now if you think coaxing your computer to edit video well is diffficult, try getting it to run MS Flightsim without stuttering, that will drive you mad.

Once you have it edited point me to the link will you, I have always got time to watch flightsim stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    flightsim buff
    I thought that was shorthand for running away without any clothes.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Well I've cobbled together an abortion of a video from the few scraps of material which I managed to rescue. I wasn't going to show it but Shrimpy might get a bit of a kick from flight-sim stuff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH2aWiKzlDw]YouTube - Lelystad-M4.mov[/ame]

I found out what the problem was, entirely my own fault in that I was double-naming files or rather, giving different files the same name. In trying to sort the problem I managed to delete 2/3 of the footage without realizing it. (Guess who hadn't made a back-up or copied the original footage)

What a twat!

Mind you, best to learn on a just-for-fun project rather than on an important job!

I think most of us here would have been very pleased to have produce that movie. You certainly seemed to have captured the flavor of the day.

Blog Entries

"Meet the Fokkers"?

Well, if you're going to use the Dam Busters' March as the theme you're 70% there. At least with the citizens of the "Allied" countries among your audience.

Great intro & as MB says you've given us a good flavour of the day. Enough to reassure me that I wouldn't want to get into flight simulators, anyway. It's staggerring the lengths some people will go to. Much further for their hobbies than for their jobs no doubt.

I thought you captured the number of women present particularly well I counted two.
    Tim

Hey Gaffer I am bloody cross with you for losing the rest of the material. I really enjoyed that, especially as I recognise all the bits and bobs you were showing. Home cockpits have certainly come a very long way. I have got one although its in the loft at the moment as I am having a holiday from flightsim. Its my protest at Microsoft dumping the only bit of software from them I have ever enjoyed.

Looked a great show. Yep that was right up my street, thanks for posting