Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Just a thought...

  1. #1

    Default Just a thought...

    Apart from 2 or 3 people, no one seems to be too helpful around here...

    I know I'm a newbie and may be asking stupid questions, but we were all newbs once.

    I have tried investigating myself and have not had much luck with my problem.

    Out of 30 people who have viewed my thread (http://www.videoforums.co.uk/general...d-vs-10-a.html) I would've thought at least 1 person might have been nice enough to steer me in the right direction.

    To those who helped in my earlier thread (Softweigh, Ausimax & Marc Peters) thankyou.

    Cheese

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, I haven't answered because I don't know the answer!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Hi Cheese

    I just had a look at your post. I am not familiar with your hardware set-up but if we work through the chain it looks like your saying the captured video is fine so there is nothing going wrong with the Easycap.

    The problem therefore appears to be in the DVD software. If you search on Youtube regarding Ulead VS10, some posters also report that it is no good.

    How about trying some other burning software. Checkout the free software offered here, they may have something that will produce a dvd from you video files.

    The Best Free Multimedia Software for PC

    Finally I always post questions without any expectation they will be answered. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Out of the 30 people who had viewed your post I suspect that none actually use either of your pieces of software. 30 peole is a very small number.

    If you were using Adobe Premiere. Final Cut, iMovie, Pinnacle Studio or Sony Vegas, I suspect you'd have had many replies.

    Worse than no advice is incorrect advice, which is why people will not simply guess and we strongly dissuade people from doing so here (it just clutters up the forum and wastes people's time).

    Despite using other software, Shrimpy has kindly showed you how you might go about alternative research and indeed done some for you. That's the kind of person he is.

    As for 2 or 3 people being helpful. I think you'd find that's more like 20 or 30. Most people spend most of their time in one or two sections- they "specialise" if you like. Me, I'm too busing picking holes in other people's films and trying to help out in the Sony Vegas forum to find time to guess what may be a problem with software I've never used. I suspect most others here are the same.

    Stick with it. You'll find we're really quite a friendly and helpful bunch.
    Tim

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    Well, I haven't answered because I don't know the answer!
    Well thanks for looking anyway, mate!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Hi Cheese

    I just had a look at your post. I am not familiar with your hardware set-up but if we work through the chain it looks like your saying the captured video is fine so there is nothing going wrong with the Easycap.

    The problem therefore appears to be in the DVD software. If you search on Youtube regarding Ulead VS10, some posters also report that it is no good.

    How about trying some other burning software. Checkout the free software offered here, they may have something that will produce a dvd from you video files.

    The Best Free Multimedia Software for PC

    Finally I always post questions without any expectation they will be answered. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised.
    Many thanks for your advice, I will check out your link when I get home from work tonight.

    I had a quick look for free avi - mpeg2 encoding software lastnight but didn't have much luck.

    If you're wondering, I'm not being a tight arse, I am doing a favour for an older lady and will not need the software after this project. That's why I don't want to buy the necessary software.

    Again, thanks for your advice

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Out of the 30 people who had viewed your post I suspect that none actually use either of your pieces of software. 30 peole is a very small number.

    If you were using Adobe Premiere. Final Cut, iMovie, Pinnacle Studio or Sony Vegas, I suspect you'd have had many replies.

    Worse than no advice is incorrect advice, which is why people will not simply guess and we strongly dissuade people from doing so here (it just clutters up the forum and wastes people's time).

    Despite using other software, Shrimpy has kindly showed you how you might go about alternative research and indeed done some for you. That's the kind of person he is.

    As for 2 or 3 people being helpful. I think you'd find that's more like 20 or 30. Most people spend most of their time in one or two sections- they "specialise" if you like. Me, I'm too busing picking holes in other people's films and trying to help out in the Sony Vegas forum to find time to guess what may be a problem with software I've never used. I suspect most others here are the same.

    Stick with it. You'll find we're really quite a friendly and helpful bunch.
    Ok. Fair enough. Thank you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    If you're wondering, I'm not being a tight arse, I am doing a favour for an older lady and will not need the software after this project. That's why I don't want to buy the necessary software.
    Your not being a tight arse, I will never buy a piece of software if a freeware or shareware program will do the job Gizmo is always my first port of call and I have a very high success rate with the software they recommend.

  7. #7

    Default Thanks guys

    Thanks for the advice guys!

    I was able to get one to work finally!!

    If anyone is interested I will be posting how I did it here: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/general...d-vs-10-a.html
    Last edited by Cheese; 11-16-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Just when I thought it was safe to be poor....
    By Mark W in forum Technology advice and tips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 12:01 PM
  2. Just thought I'd tell you!
    By ChrisG in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 06:26 AM
  3. I wish I'd thought of this first!
    By Alan Mills in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 10:29 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •