Thread: Dual Monitor Help

Default Dual Monitor Help

I dont know if anyone else uses 2 monitors, but is there some way to make it so I can watch what I have edited so far full screen on my second monitor? I can not find a full screen setting and i can not expand my viewing screen to full screen on one monitor

Thanks,
    Steven Bogda

You would be much better off investigating the possibilities of sending the video output to a TV and then be able to gain an exact feel for your work.

ooooo.... I'm getting really confused with all this 2 monitor setup now !!

already have good 19" CRT primary and sometimes plug a 17" CRT for holding tools, extra menus etc... but fairly stuck for space !!

would it be best to keep 19" crt as primary and new TFT as secondary (really need the space !!)

or as posted here ... use a TV (LCD?) for playback on the secondary
    (the twin head graphics card fitted on my PC can use a TV as a monitor - but not sure of quality) ???

on a budget of 400 sobs ? what is the best setup ?

me head is reelly hurtin now...

more beer......

The point I was trying to make is that your movie will look different on a TV than it will on a computer monitor, no matter whether it a CRT or an LCD monitor. So if, like me, you tend to produce 'movies' to watch on a TV, you will see what it really looks like by using a TV as a video monitor.

You can often do this at the same time as having two monitors so it need not be a limiting factor.

yep know what you mean Millsy....
    but Steve does have a point that is puzzling me also.... when in premier can you set the 'monitor window' on the second monitor in full screen to get DVD wysiwyg?.....

what would you then benefit from a TV/LCD or TFT ?

do you (Millsy) output your movie when editing etc in the preview window only...... export to DVD then playback on TV ....... ??

sorry .. I'm still in my vertical learning curve !!!!

sorry about the hijack Steve !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    yep know what you mean Millsy....
    but Steve does have a point that is puzzling me also.... when in premier can you set the 'monitor window' on the second monitor in full screen to get DVD wysiwyg?.....
    Why would you want to to set it to full screen? If you did you would only be digitally zooming your picture and losing definition. Use the preview window and set it to full size and watch your movie in full PAL or NTSC resolution. What more would you want?

what would you then benefit from a TV/LCD or TFT ?
    As I said before, an image does look different on a TV than it does on a PC monitor.

do you (Millsy) output your movie when editing etc in the preview window only...... export to DVD then playback on TV ....... ??
    Exactly. I tend to make my movies to put on DVD and watch on a decent TV in my living room.

I use a Matrox RT.X100 and one of the benfits of that is the Break-Out-Box that allows you to connect a TV. When editing in PPro or Encore (with plugins to work in other apps including Photoshop ) I can send the video-out signal to the TV as well as see it in the preview window in PPro (or whatever app I'm using). Things do look different on the TV compared to the monitor and I get to see what my final output will really look like. Very handy for detecting the bad positioning and sizing of titles that cause a flicker.

The only issue I have is that I tend to work in widescreen and the only TV I have convenient is a 4:3 one so my image is squdged (technical term) up a bit. When I'm feeling particularly flush and find one I like I'll get a cheap widescreen TV for the job.

sorry .. I'm still in my vertical learning curve !!!!
    It'll start to flatten out much sooner than you think