Thread: Help DVD very flickery?

1. Exclamation Help DVD very flickery?

hiya i just made a home viedo from a mini dv. i've done all the editting in Adobe premiere pro cs4. i exported the film to DV AVI which was 13.7 GB which quality is great.

but when i convert it to put on a dvd useing Ulead movie DVD factory 6 i use all the best setting i burn the image file and play it on my dvd player, and its very jerky, flickery at the point where the camera moves quick? please help please please!

You probably started off with too large a file, which was then compressed by your software to fit on the DVD.
    The flickering is normally an indication the bitrate is too low.
    How long is the video? I usually max out at 2hours.
    Try converting to an mpeg2 and using a bitrate calculator to make sure there's ample room for the file on the DVD.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

You're welcome
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I hear ya bro.

I've been there so many times. I like to think that in the future someone will come along with the same problem and get some benefit from the answer.