Thread: Scaling (sony vegas)

Unhappy Scaling (sony vegas)

I have looked everywhere through help and forums and youtube for how to change the scale of a video so that some of the clip is cut out (I want to remove subtitles) but I cant find any way to change the video's size, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by falconmick View Post
    . . but I cant find any way to change the video's size, please help!
    Well there IS most definitely a way and possibly 3 reasons just why you haven't found it.

Any of these fit for you?:

1] "Scaling" - You haven't used the most excellent SONY Vegas Online Help. I just did, and got 18 hits when I entered the word "Scaling".

2] "Further Help" - You haven't given yourself time to read the manual about this subject and have relied upon YouTube and the mostly dreadful attempts to communicate Vegas usage.

and finally . .

3] "On-Line Help" - You haven't used the Online-Help nor the Free Video tutorials that come as part of the Vegas package.

Use the Interactive Tutorials under the Help Tool, which will speedily direct you to the exact part of Vegas to use and operate.

There is some very basic stuff which you need to grasp to move forward and allow your "own" creative ideas full exposure. In essence, use the Event Pan/Crop tool, the Tutorial clearly shows you where to locate it.

Now, once you get a handle on doing this, you WILL have issues around framing and re-scale quality issues - a drop in resolution, and second-guessing your next question?