Thread: Wanted Music Video Maker

Default Wanted Music Video Maker

We are a UK based band and we have just released our second album and we need someone to create a music video for one of our singles. Any ideas are welcome, but we are certainly looking for something original. We do not have a budget, but we would cover expenses, therefore we are looking for someone who is up and coming and could use this to help towards their portfolio of work. What we can guarantee is that your work would be seen by the music industry and promoted in the media.

Only those who are professional and reliable need apply.

To state your interest and for more information about our band, please contact katieharnettbackingvocalist@hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by Katy Lied; 11-15-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Text Refinement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    We are a UK based band and we have just released our second album and we need someone to create a music video for one of our singles. Any ideas are welcome, but we are certainly looking for something original. We do not have a budget, but we would cover expenses, therefore we are looking for someone who is up and coming and could use this to help towards their portfolio of work. What we can guarantee is that your work would be seen by the music industry and promoted in the media.

To state your interest and for more information about our band, please contact katieharnettbackingvocalist@hotmail.co.uk
    Katy, although not mutually exclusive, these two statements don't really go hand in hand:

We do not have a budget, but we would cover expenses
    We get these kind of request every day. Are you looking for a recording contract? Did a record label release your first album? Did you get this for free? I don't mean to be negative, but your promise of fame and fortune isn't the first.

To attract tghe right kind of talent, why not offer a profit share? Now you may make a loss in your second album, in which case even expenses aren't covered. But if you make a profit, and some of that will no doubt be down to the video people, then let them share in that profit.

This is a genuine post. As artists ourselves, we are not in business of ripping people off! Once people contact me with initial interest then I would give them all the information about who we are and what we can offer and then they can make their mind up if it's something they would like to pursue. I don't really want to get into an argument with you about my post. We are nice, fair people, who will always look after anyone we work with. Thanks

4. Default

holy crap on a stick... if only i have a camera to record with..but alas. i do not.

i wish your band the best and i shall be forever kicking myself for not have a bloody camera lol

Let me get this right. Your signed. But you don't have a budget for a music video? who are your management company, a bunch of monkeys? You need to get your priorities right. Students would do this for nothing, but people who have been in the industry a little longer know these jobs are dead regards future recouping of monies spent and owed. Sorry as they say on Dragons Den, I am out.

All the best.
    Andy Lunn Film Maker from Leeds - Will travel worldwide - www.media73.co.uk - 01132 252 418 - 07801 234 307

Blog Entries

No one is accusing you of trying to rip off people, but you sound a little miguided. Let's put the shoe on the other foot.

I've got a video, but I need a band to write and record the music for it.
    The band must be professional, but I can't afford to pay them more than expenses.
    I can promise that the video will be shown at festivals all over the country so your work will be exposed to all sorts of film makers.

Would Katy Lied (if that's the band name) be up for that?
    Tim

Actually, Tim I think that would be really good for an unsigned band. If they got a credit.

ANY UNSIGNED BAND WANT TO WRITE MUSIC FOR ME I'LL GIVE YOU A CREDIT AT THE END OF THE VIDEO. NO RAPPERS OR TECHNO.

I USUALLY MAKE FAMILY VIDEOS, DAY TRIPS ETC. MUST HAVE A THICK SKIN AS I MAY REJECT FIRST EFFORTS.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 11-24-2009 at 09:57 PM.

8. Default

i'd take a job like this and apply the same philosophy i have after i have sex with a woman...it'll make me happy and eternally grateful :P

Hi similar to the person tho started this thread.

We are looking to make a music video for one of our tracks, we're based in London, and have the vision clear but need someone with techinical experience and skills to make a video. To make, direct, shoot, edit!

We need a director who knows what kind of shots to take and how to take them, it would be helpful if you have contacts who have:
    *Camera
    *Camera Equipment
    *Video editing software
    *skills
    *experience in making a music video.

We would like to be as much part of the whole process as well, esspecially in the editing side, we have a reasonable budget but will pay more for quality.

The music video is hopefully going to be shot in London, in a green room, we have various studios in mind, most likely camberwell studio's, most the props we have, except still in look for dancers.

If you feel you could help and are willing to direct the video, please contact us. It would be helpful if you have contacts who may also be needed (eg, camera/editing/etc) but we do have a few camera guys in mind, thus not completely neccessary.

if you are intrested do contact us on:
    kirishan@hotmail.com

Thank you.