Thread: Very cool lifestyle video

Cool Very cool lifestyle video

Hey this is a video of a guy i know from Latvia. I'm trying to figure out what the effect is that seems to be on the footage. It seems to make the sky look separate from everything else. He told me that it is a plug in for after effects but i have no idea about that at all and wondered if it could be emulated somehow on mac in final cut. A video technician kinda guy told me that this effect is caused by a filter on the lens but i cant see how :S

anyway here is the video, enjoy:

OUT OF TIME - favorite on Vimeo

any help at all about any effects and techniques they used in this video would be greatly appreciated!

I can only speak as a layman. It looks to me they did a lot of colour adjustments, there also seems to be a lot of what I know as edge enhancement. Where the software enhances the edge of an object. They may have had some sort of filter on the camera but I can't tell. I can't help you with the exact effect they used but no doubt it was more than one.

One last thing those guys are incredible.

Yes I used to do all that but I gave it up when I banged my thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Yes I used to do all that but I gave it up when I banged my thumb.

Shrimpy did you notice how that coarse sand was blowing around at the beginning of the video and the camera was right on the ground. It looked good but I wouldn't like to risk my lens like that would you ?

It was a good effect, but I thought it was probably shot on full zoom as the depth of field was pretty low. I guess the camera was in a box or something for protection, and your right, no way I would risk it, unless it was one I was happy to send to the knackers yard.

That sort of shot is really difficult for digital video to handle, so much movement that it overwhelms the codecs ability to render with clarity. Mind you he did well with it.