Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Audio software with cut list

Default Need Audio Software With Cut List

Audio software recommendations to meet the requirements below:

I have loads of parts within an audio file that need deleting and there are too many to do after the recording one by one, the time indexes for the parts that I want to delete must be marked whilst Iím playing the file back. As the slider moves across the audio stream during playback I want to be able to select multiple start and end points. So I listen to the recording and set start and stop times for very time there is an unwanted part in the recording, then at the end when it exports it to a new file everything except for the time indexes in the cut list are exported into a smaller file.

I have an example of how this is done with my video editing software in the link below, but I need one for audio. As you can see there is a button to select the start time and another for the end time, then I press another button to add this to the cut list and from there I am free to add other start and stop times to the cut list. Once Iíve finished each start and stop time it pauses briefly, but the index marking is being done when the stream is being played and the editing is done after playback is stopped or finished.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...002/dddddd.jpg
    Last edited by contactadam2002; 11-12-2009 at 05:29 PM.

I've never heard of software that will do this. BUT I'm not up with the newest stuff around.

I don't see how you can edit a file ie put in cuts while it's still playing !

Please check above.
    Last edited by contactadam2002; 11-12-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Would you like to pay or have a free down load ? Here is a list for you

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Would you like to pay or have a free down load ? Here is a list for you
    Yer thanks for nothing. I could have found that myself and none of that directs me to the right kind of audio editing software. But yes I was willing to pay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by contactadam2002 View Post
    Yer thanks for nothing.
    No need to be so touchy. MB may or may not have interpreted your question correctly, but he DID interpret it and he DID try to help.

Which is more than anyone else has as yet.

And he has helped a number of people and been thanked numerous times on this forum. Let's just check how many time that applies to you. Oh yes. None.

So, please be a little bit more gracious. Understand that something which is clear as daylight to you may not be to someone else and rather than go on the attack, try explaining your problem in a different way.

As it happens I think I know what you're after. I do not know audio software that will do it. But surely you already have software that will do it - your video editor. Every video editor I'm aware of will allow you to import audio without an accompanying video.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    No need to be so touchy. MB may or may not have interpreted your question correctly, but he DID interpret it and he DID try to help.

Which is more than anyone else has as yet.

And he has helped a number of people and been thanked numerous times on this forum. Let's just check how many time that applies to you. Oh yes. None.

So, please be a little bit more gracious. Understand that something which is clear as daylight to you may not be to someone else and rather than go on the attack, try explaining your problem in a different way.

As it happens I think I know what you're after. I do not know audio software that will do it. But surely you already have software that will do it - your video editor. Every video editor I'm aware of will allow you to import audio without an accompanying video.

I think you could have saved me the bother of everything but the last paragraph at it was pointless. And whilst video redo plus is good software it can only support MPEG 2 video or audio. I'm already starting to beleive that such software clearly doesn't exist, which is stupid considering it's such an easy function to incorporate, but thanks for the attempt.

I'm sorry I didn't see your edit so I didn't realise you where specifically looking for something that handles the same way as Video Redo. I agree with you that there should be some sort of audio editing software that can do that. I guess the audio editing software writers must think that cut and paste is good enough for most people.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't see your edit so I didn't realise you where specifically looking for something that handles the same way as Video Redo. I agree with you that there should be some sort of audio editing software that can do that. I guess the audio editing software writers must think that cut and paste is good enough for most people.

Sorry I couldn't help.
    For all the good it'll do I'll add that request in the request part of the audacity forum. But certainly for more advanced software this feature (if it isn't already for some) should be available. Perhaps it is just very rare.

It must be a real hens teeth thing if it's out there because I've never seen one. However as Tim said most basic video editing software will do it. Failing that could you convert the audio file to a format that Video Redo will accept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast