Thread: Help with Panasonic drivers

Default Help with Panasonic drivers

I have a Panasonic NV DS65B camcorder which came with an Arcsoft software CD. The driver is installed but will not recognise my camcorder when connected to the PC.

Can someone let me know if there are alternative drivers and software out there that I can use to copy video on to my PC?

I'm using Vista Home Premium.

Desperately seeking help.

Panasonic have support and driver download sections on their website.

Default Thank you

Thank you for the reply.

The only item on Panasonic's website is the operating manual for this camcorder. I cannot find access to any drivers or software. I have been told that Panasonic products and Vista are not compatible. Have had no success from Panasonic via e-mail.

Looking for alternatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a quick look through the manual for this model. Which is the usual Panasonic confusing standard. It does not give any instructions for capturing video from the DV Tape. Only what it calls connecting to other digital video equipment. Are you trying to capture video via the USB connection ? It says you can get stills from the memory card via USB it doesn't say you can get video via this cable.

There is a connector which looks like a firewire socket (IEEE-1394 socket) which they say in the manual needs a VW-CD1E cable (optional). I think this is what you need to connect to your PC to capture from the DV Tape.

It does say that the OS thats supported is Windows 98/ME/XP.

This does not mean Vista won't work with it. It just means it might not. You could if your very brave try the XP Mode in Vista to compensate if you find it wont work in Vista.

I'm sorry my answer is a bit technical and confusing, I'm not really familiar with your camera. I just presume Panasonic will have similar features in the NV range.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again for the info. I'm trying to get the PC to recognise the camcorder via usb in order to copy data from the tapes on to the pc. It doesn't identify the camcorder when connected even though the drivers are installed from the original Arcsoft CD.

Like I said in my last post, I don't think you can get the data from the tape by using the USB. You can only use it to get files from the memory card.