Thread: New MacPro

Default New MacPro

I Want to upgrade from my 24" iMac 2.8 to A new MacPro im gonna get the 8-core 2.26ghz but i dont know what to get in the ram section. I use Premiere Pro CS4, After effects, and final Cut sometimes. i thing 8 gig of ram is enough but if one of those programs that i use can take advantage of more Ram than ill get 6 or 8gigs instead! Thanks SO the question is 4 ,6 or 8 GIGs ? Thanks

I would say 8 Gig because it's the biggest number.

Blog Entries

Due to the operating system of macs (Leopard) you can't really compare Macs and windows PCs which have a lot more running in the background. For that reason 8Gb ram is more than enough for just about any editing needs you'll come across.

I wouldn't bother getting the 2.26 Ghz 8 core, (i assume you intend to by one of the current models)

have a look at this site : and read some of the articles about the "monster processors that are going to be placed in the next generation Mac Pros which i assume are due very soon (January Latest).

heres the link : Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

I know youl probably want your machine ASAP, but if your gonna spend 2500, you should probably wait for the new machines.