Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, so I am not sure if this post is in the right place. I have an idea that I am having trouble bringing together. I am trying to make a video of myself playing a piece of music with a recording (have the piece of music in the headphones, then put the newly recorded track with the original on the final video. Here is the original part, I would like to have scrolling sheet music with the notes I am playing. I would like to do this to help my trumpet students learn simple songs like "Jingle Bells" and for more complex stuff like trumpet solos.

So here is my problem....I think I can handle the video aspect myself...but I have no idea if the scrolling music is even possible. I am hoping there is someone in here who is familiar with both video editing software and music notation software. Here are the basic questions I need answered:

1 - Can a stream of live, scrolling sheet music be added to a video? Is that possible?

2 - How do I line up a recorded piece of audio with the original so that it sounds like I was recording my own like along with the music (I am trying to avoid that split-second delay that annoys me so much)

Thank you to anyone who can help,
- Lance

I am running this on a desktop that has plenty of power to accomplish this, but I have no other relevant software other than Microsoft Movie Maker and my music notation software (Sibelius).