Thread: Wanted - Canon XM1/XM2/Similar

Default Wanted - Canon XM1/XM2/Similar

Hi. My company, the hub creative is in the early stages of adding Video Recording to our portfolio.

We started by offering photography and graphic design, and have, in the last few months successfully added Motion Graphics and Video Editing to the services we offer. However, since we do not film our own footage (we edit comp and add VFX to footage provided to us at present, as well as create animated motion graphics) we are very limited in the jobs we can currently accept.

Myself and one of my collegues have enrolled on a college course in shooting video. The course I have enrolled on specifies using a "Canon XM2, Sony VX2000 or similar manual focus camera."

If we decide to go the video route, our ideal setup would be based around a Canon XL-H1 and some XH-A1s, but we are not certain video will be an ideal fit for us, and even if we go ahead, it is a long way away before we will be using them in a profitable way.

I know the above are great cameras, and really useful, but we will have made a huge investment if we decide to stick with our current track.

We are therefor looking for a XM1 or XM2, second hand. We have quite a low budget, as we would really need to offer HD once the course is over and we start offering video services.

We could dive right in with the XH-A1s but all cameras have a limited, useful amount of hours, and, if it is anything like our photography course, we think they will be REALLY heavily used, and it is a huge investment if we are going to need to replace them before ever using them on a job.

We are based in the West Midlands, but would be able to collect from anywhere in the UK if the price is right.

We don't need any additional kit at the moment (the college has additional lighting, steady cams/tripods etc) but would consider that too if it would be useful with the XL-H1s down the line.

Our budget is the primary concern at the moment, above and beyond the ultimate quality of the item (so long as it works) so if it is scrached, scuffed or missing any extras, or past its best video quality wise, that isn't too much of a problem. As i said, we are planning to use it to the limits of it's capacity during the course, and replace it when we're finished.

Any offers would be considered.

Luke

Default Are u still interested

I have a Canon XM1 if your still interested