Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: A day by the seaside

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default A day by the seaside

    One from the back catalog which I dont think I have posted here, well at least I couldn't see it. All hand held this one as the crowds made it difficult to use a tripod and I didnt have my trusty monopod at that time.

    This one features a shot that was pure luck in a similar vein to Midnights. Not as pretty but still fun. Its a shot of the jump leader from the parachute display team talking that just happened to go really well with the track I chose, although he may not think so


  2. #2

    Default

    I like the way you did the titles. A rare HitchcockEsque moment at 1:09 for good measure ! Was there nearly a domestic over the chocolate flake ? lol

    The split screen at 3:21 would have been nice if the middle section was full hight so you could see all of the red arrows.

    I thought you made a good choice of music and cut well to the music. Good camera work tracking the planes.

    I know you need cut aways to break up some shots but I don't think it was necessary to break up the Red Arrows panning shot 3 times, It's not so much a technical point just a personal preference. It may be nice to change the pace of the cuts just for a bit of variety.

    All in all another good product from the Shrimpy Media Studios.

    Maybe it's time you had your own logo to put at the end of your movies.

  3. Default

    Well that was thoroughly enjoyable & nice to be reminded of the summer thats just gone, particularly on a morning such as today when the temperature seems to finally have adjusted to the time of year.
    I refuse to watch holiday movies as a rule but that was really quite good.
    The fast editing & mixture of shots combined well with a song that moved it along at a perfect pace.
    I did have doubts when I heard The Theme from S Express start up & thought they're going to start singing "I've got the hots for you" in a minute & got ready to cringe but then realised it was appropriate because of the summer connection.

    Sarah

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I like the way you did the titles. A rare HitchcockEsque moment at 1:09 for good measure ! Was there nearly a domestic over the chocolate flake ? lol

    The split screen at 3:21 would have been nice if the middle section was full hight so you could see all of the red arrows.

    I thought you made a good choice of music and cut well to the music. Good camera work tracking the planes.

    I know you need cut aways to break up some shots but I don't think it was necessary to break up the Red Arrows panning shot 3 times, It's not so much a technical point just a personal preference. It may be nice to change the pace of the cuts just for a bit of variety.

    All in all another good product from the Shrimpy Media Studios.

    Maybe it's time you had your own logo to put at the end of your movies.

    Yes I didnt get my Hitchcock moment quite right, I looked at the camera like a complete newbie No domestic over the flakes, I had asked for something completely different which they didnt have. If there had been a domestic I would have taken both of them

    Yes maybe I should get myself a logo. I am thinking about it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    I did have doubts when I heard The Theme from S Express start up & thought they're going to start singing "I've got the hots for you" in a minute & got ready to cringe but then realised it was appropriate because of the summer connection.

    Sarah
    Oh my god, the pressure mounts, not only do I have to worry about my editing, titles, shaky video etc, now I have the hotties on my back about the music choice.

    Thanks for the comments, all greatly appreciated.

  6. #6

    Default

    enjoyed that

    Stirling work on the hand held tracking of the aircraft, no easy task ! great shot at .54 the kiddie with the bubbles.... it worked perfectly with the soundtrack at that point, i suspect you knew that speaking of sound track i think the video would benefit from some ambient noise.... how can you have red arrows and spitfires without engine noise criminal if you ask me

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    enjoyed that

    Stirling work on the hand held tracking of the aircraft, no easy task !how can you have red arrows and spitfires without engine noise criminal if you ask me
    I agree on both counts!

    My favourite bit was the dog with the bottle, while the centre PIP could have been full screen IMHO! Overall a nice piece.

    At the 2008 show I was in the Hercules that dropped the Paras.... Has my stomach washed ashore yet?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I totally agree about the sound, I have only just got a solution for that problem so it should be better next time. As for the multiple pictures section, that was the first time I had found that premier Elements could do that sort of thing. Having watched Tim's and others efforts at multiple screens I hope for a huge improvement next time I try it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    At the 2008 show I was in the Hercules that dropped the Paras.... Has my stomach washed ashore yet?
    How come you were in the Herc Ian ?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    How come you were in the Herc Ian ?
    I was up with them shooting stills for an article. I thought they were loonies, jumping out of aircraft for a living. They're a great bunch. The Loony is the pilot, who tries to race them down to ground level for the flypast. That's where the stomach went, I was still in the back. I held on with one hand (the other was still holding the camera) while my feet went from floor to ceiling and back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Woolcacombe - seaside fun
    By Mark W in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •