Thread: default transition is cross dessolve

Default default transition is cross dessolve

How do I apply the default transition (cross dissolve) withoput opening the effects menu?
    BobD
    Worked for 40 years as a cinematographer mainly for US and Canadian TV Networks-abc-nbc-etc. Working on such shows as Nightline/20/20-Barbara Walters-abc World News Tonight

Blog Entries

What software are you using?

Default Applying defaul transition (cross dissolve)

Sorry should have mention it. Premiere Elements- it says that you can use the default transition without opening the Effects menu- but it doesn't say how ? or what keys to use.
    Bob
    Worked for 40 years as a cinematographer mainly for US and Canadian TV Networks-abc-nbc-etc. Working on such shows as Nightline/20/20-Barbara Walters-abc World News Tonight

Blog Entries

I beleive this refers to the creation of an automated slide show where the default transition is used automatically between clips.

However, the short cut key to add a default transition in premiere pro to the timeline is ctrl-d (page up and page down to move between cut points). I assume this will be the same in Elements, but I don't have a copy installed to check!

Default Applying defaul transition (cross dissolve) In Adobe Premere

I'm afraid that doesn't work (Ctrl +D) at least not on my computer, I shall look iin an old Premiere manual (v.5 or 6) and see how they did it, perhaps there's another key?. Isn't it annoying when you have a book (Premiere Elements for Dummies) and it tells you- you can do it without opening the Effects Panel but not how to do it.
    BobD