Thread: Lotus Exige Video

1. Default Lotus Exige Video

Part 1 of 3 videos I will make from the same day shoot. I used Audio from a Top Gear Episode. Let me know what you think. Thanks Guys!

Well when you team Jeremy Clarkson with your video it certainly does help to transform the impact. Its not really the done thing CRX but I guess its no different to my using an audio track from a CD.

Not sure I get the shot of the bridge ? Its an interesting shot but I dont think it fits.

As for the footage you have obtained its a huge improvement over your first posts. Defibetly has the Top gear vibe. I liked the use of the matte but think that went on a little too long. I liked the use of focus on the badge. What I really liked was the long shot of the car. It all looked as it was in the speed limit which was commendable.

Nice effort. I look forward to parts 2 & 3.

Shrimpy

Like Shrimpy said much better

4. Default

Thanks Guys for the positive feedback! I am glad that my videos are improving, I know it will take time .

The bridge shot wasn't ideal but, I needed something to help break up the beginning. I really wish I had more standing shots. While I was recording I thought I needed more moving shots, but now that I got it up on the editing screen, I felt like I needed more standing shots, haha!

When you say the Matte, are you refering to the Gradient? I did use a lot of that. I am working my way to figure out which is the "just right" amount.

Most of these shots are duplicated onto the other videos, but I will see what I can create. Thank you guys again for the feedback, it helps me most!

5. Default

Forgot one thing, we didn't many laws making these videos, maybe a few instances over the speed limit, but not by much. So far So good

Yes I mean the gradient, I couldn't think what it was called when I posted. You have realised that you need lots of shots that you can use as cutaways, to break up the action. Using these allow you to make use of longer shots without them becoming boring. I use it in mine. I will post an example in a minute. Its from an airshow, big long sweep by the red arrows, broken up by cutaways. Its not that good but its an example of what I mean.

Whenever your filming you need to take as many shots as you can so that you have a wide variety to choose from. Take shots of vehicle related stuff, I don't know, but maybe oil cans, petrol pumps, etc. Start to build a library of these shots for use in future films where you can draw on them if you need something to break up a clip.

Nice to see you improving, it does not take long

Blog Entries

Gotta agree with the other guys - it's a big improvement.

Having a voice over makes a big difference. You need to start doing your own. If you like JC's style but can't manage it - try using his words and mimic his style of delivery at first. It'll come.

And it's not a gradient, it's a vignette.
    Tim

8. Red face

[QUOTE=TimStannard;126111
    And it's not a gradient, it's a vignette.[/QUOTE]

I think my vegas needs an update, they call it gradient.

Blog Entries

OK. I was splitting hairs.

A gradient is anything that starts as one shade and gradually changes to another.

A vignette is a very specific type of gradient where an image can be seen clearly through the middle but fades to obscurity around the outside - as per towards the edges of a camera lens or lens hood.
    Tim

10. Default

No worries Tim, thank you for explaining it. I was messing with you ;D, but vegas does call it gradient, I am surprised that isn't changed....