Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD Rendering in Vegas Pro 9

Default DVD Rendering in Vegas Pro 9

Hey guys,

I have all this footage from my Sony HDR-XR500E that I want to edit all together and make a dvd out of. I have Vegas Pro 9 & DVD Architect Pro 5.0 to work with.

The footage is 1080i but I want to get the best possible quality on a dvd.

My question is, when I have finished editing, what file type/settings should I render to? Then from that render file I would like to just chuck it in DVD Architect and burn away.

I don't have a huge amount of exp in either program so any help will be greatly appreciated.... I did try find help on this before here but everywhere I looked were tutorials for Youtube Video Quality not Best-As-Possible DVD quality.

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Render video using the Mainconcept MPEG2 codec - using the approproiate DVD template (PAL or NTSC, 4:3 or Widecreen) and the audio as AC3 (Dolby) stereo or 5.1. Give both files the same name (eg myvideo.mpg & myvideo.ac3) and put them in the same folder.

When you drop thge mpg into DVD Architect, it will automaicallyassociate the audio file.
    Tim

3. Default

That is a great help for us aswell Tim as we are having the same predicament.

Sarah & Allison & Tina

Remember that when you have rendered to MPEG2, you should also have the markers available as chapters in DVD-A

Also the MPEG2 will go back on the time line, in case of any small changes & as long as you render with the same template,no re-rendering will be required.

Thanks for the speedy replies! I will give those a go, thanks again!

I tried rendering in Mpeg2 with a DVD PAL template and it didn't have seperate video and audio files + the video had horizontal "shifting". Is there something I did wrong or anyway to no get the horizontal lines?

Blog Entries

You need to render the audio separately as AC3 (ie do TWO renders - one for the video ONLY an done for the Audio). Sorry if that wasn't clear.

As for this horizontal "shifting", could you describe in more detail? Or better still - post a still. I presume it doesn't happen in preview. Does it happen if you render in a different format (wmv, avi)???
    Tim

Turns out that the horizontal lines only really appear when playing in VLC media player... Do the project properties make a difference to the end result when redering. I still find that you get pixels in certain parts, I know it isn't the camera cuz it is a blu-ray quality one. If there is no way to improve on Vid quality I can deal with this .

Also, What is the difference between AC3 Pro and AC3 Studio?

Use the BATCH RENDER script to make the two renders automatically

as for AC3 Pro and AC3 Studio good question.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    as for AC3 Pro and AC3 Studio good question.
    As I run both on my system, I assumed one came with Vegas Movie Studio and one with Vegas Pro. (Actually I realise that doesn't answer the question, but it may give an indication as to WHY you have two)
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast