Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The HULK

Default The HULK

Hello All,

This is our latest green screen music video for the rapper Tayshan (our 2nd vid for him). It was a bit complex to put together but quite happy how it turned out. I make a cameo as a terrified office worker(shocking acting) !

Would really be interested in your thoughts.

Cheers!

Jim
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

They just get better and better. I liked it so much I put up with the rapping.

I loved the movement you generated throughout - little things like odd bits of text moving independently of the other images in the multi-screen shots as they go through various 3D motion. And TaYshan himself is very photogenic (or maybe its you making him look like a natural).
    The whole comic book look was very effective.
    The green screen stuff looks really crisp.

The weakest part for me was the integration of the hulk into the scenes of London. I can see the work that's gone into it - the shadows fall at the right angles at for example 3:10, but the Hulk does not really look part of the scene. I suspect it's because the colours are all wrong - a green object does not look the same as footage which has been re-coloured. Indeed a green object does not only reflect green. I've no idea how one would go about making this more real - I'm sure there are others here who could help.

Nevertheless this added to the comic book fantasy of the whole film so no bad thing.

In my mind the best produced music video from Fingercuff yet.

Who are Corey Grandhoffmeister and Chad Doodarooney?
    Tim

Thanks Tim! A lot of hard work was put into this video!

Corey Grandhoffmeister and Chad Doodarooney were stupid aliases we used to use on some of our early (crap) films. Kind of like our own version of Alan Smithee, the name used when a director wants to take his credit off of a movie!

We knew we would never get perfect green screen in the location shots but felt with the cheesy comic book style we were going for it would work. But I do think your right there, we need to work on getting this right for future vids.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    T Kind of like our own version of Alan Smithee, the name used when a director wants to take his credit off of a movie!
    You learn something every day. I wasn't aware of that - though I am familiar with the theatrical actor's version - Walter Plinge.
    Tim

5. Default

Wow that was incredibly impressive!
    What we wouldn't give to be able to master effects & editing like that!
    We all feel you should be working with big names not minor league rappers like Tayshan & Zuby, but realise you have to take what work is available.
    The last video you did for Zuby was really good but this is brilliant & quite honestly it totally eclipsed the song, even though the song obviously provided the inspiration for the video.
    The comic book humour was a delight.

Sarah & Allison & Tina

Good job. I'm not sure about the walking through London bits I do understand you were going for a comic book look. The thing that got me was the hulk was the wrong shade of green. He should be a more olive green colour. I've just read what Tim said so forget what I said. I'll just say "What he said"

Excellent work!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    We all feel you should be working with big names
    I'm sure they will be,
    Tim

Be very proud because that was a very good music video which I quite happily watched all the way through. Here is my nitpicking list.

The credits at the beginning are a bit too quick to read.
    The colour of the Hulk is the wrong shade
    Hulks face and neck could do with more distortion
    The sequence with the news reader is a little too long and therefore you think the track is over.
    The aircraft buzzing Big Ben was very King Kong and should be jets rather than biplanes.
    I would have preferred a sudden end to the track rather than a fade.

Its amazing how nitpicky you can be if you try hard enough. Really its a terrific video and I wish I had the talent to do something like that.

Cheers

guess thats taking things to the next level watched it 3 times and noticed new things every time !

how many hours go into something like that ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast