Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Wormwood

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    909

    Default Wormwood

    Are you ready for Wormwood?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaB-YZ6pVRY]YouTube - Wormwood[/ame]
    Last edited by worddigger; 11-10-2009 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Take 2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    OK spill the beans how on earth did you make that? I think the effects look fantastic. What did you use, how hard was it to do. Come on, come on, spill the beans

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Nice one Digger.
    Choice of music and sound FX were spot on.

    Being picky because you deserve it.....

    I thought there was a bit of a continuity problem in that the in the shot commencing at aroubf 53 secs, the meteorite seemed to me to be much higer in the atmosphere than in the shots before that.

    I also wasn't entirely convinced we always knew where all the objects were in relation to each other in the earlier clips (meteorite, moon, sun, Earth). This meant I had to reorientate myself after some of the cuts.

    This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it did make me aware I was watching a film rather than ermm.. travelling though space ....okay, okay I need a reality check.
    Tim

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    OK spill the beans how on earth did you make that? I think the effects look fantastic. What did you use, how hard was it to do. Come on, come on, spill the beans
    I did this over coffee this morning (I was really bored today and needed an editing fix).

    The animation is from selected copyright free clips available at: The European Homepage For The NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope
    The music was a composite of several cuts from my production library.
    The concept just somehow evolved in my twisted little brain. And I thought, "This would make a great opening or trailer for a movie." Now all I need to do is dream up a movie! The plot potential is wide open.
    Last edited by worddigger; 11-07-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: correction

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Ah ha. Yep I know what you mean about editing fixes. I get them to. I am intrigued at the moment about the possibilities of using game footage for scenes in a story. I saw a youtube video the other day where someone had used green screened characters and inserted them into the footage. It was a very believable effect. It would be great fun for producing scifi spoofs and it would help the winter months to roll by quicker.

    Nice job Digger, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    It would be great fun for producing scifi spoofs and it would help the winter months to roll by quicker.
    Well, our green screen work on "Dolls" got us through the sizzling hot summer months here in Kuwait this year, so it should work equally well for dreary winter months up north.

  7. #7

    Default

    Loved it Digger, Especially the sound was spot on for me. Did I notice some Terrogen landscape in there. (3d land scape program)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    909

    Default Take 2

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I also wasn't entirely convinced we always knew where all the objects were in relation to each other in the earlier clips (meteorite, moon, sun, Earth). This meant I had to reorientate myself after some of the cuts.
    Thanks to all for the feedback. I went back for a second pass on the project overnight. I think I have cured the above problem by compositing-in the asteroid as it flies over the moon, instead of the audience seeing things from the asteroid's POV. There now seems to be improved following of the line of action. I also jazzed-up the ending a little, adding some fresh audio/visual elements, including a zinger.

    I've edited the original thread entry to link to the improved take. Let me know if the improvements work.
    Thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    I think I have cured the above problem by compositing-in the asteroid as it flies over the moon, instead of the audience seeing things from the asteroid's POV. There now seems to be improved following of the line of action.
    Works for me. Though it's a bit difficult to tell when one is already familar with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    I also jazzed-up the ending a little, adding some fresh audio/visual elements, including a zinger.
    I'm not ready for the weekend, let alone eternity!
    (Good tag)
    Tim

  10. #10

    Default

    This is cool. Liked it. And thanks for the link to that copyright free clips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •