Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good use of split screen

Default Good use of split screen

Thought I would share this as I was quite impressed by his efforts, and he is doing his own vocals.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIoSTbPt_PI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - "Don't Stop Believing" - Glee - cover[/ame]

Blog Entries

Very nicely performed. I liked the interaction among the singers.

In a similar vein, I suspect many newcomers here have not seen [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsavk0FX3Ro"]this[/ame] which has been around for a while.
    Tim

Very clever. I wonder if he put the video together as well. I suspect he may have done, if he did he is a man of many talents. It was the perfect excuse to play with all the effects in the toolbox, ordinarily a no no.

Now thats how it's done. Perfect.

5. Default

On the first video, I only find his vioce impressive. Making all 5 people on screen at the same time can easily be done, with a green screen, which is what he used. There is time and effort put in there but I don't see anything ground breaking. Or is there something I am missing?

I agree it's not ground breaking but I believe it was perfectly executed and I think the kid has real talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hondacrxdude View Post
    On the first video, I only find his vioce impressive. Making all 5 people on screen at the same time can easily be done, with a green screen, which is what he used. There is time and effort put in there but I don't see anything ground breaking. Or is there something I am missing?
    You're not missing anything. Except you're wrong about green screen - this was done using a number of "vertical" strips a "picture in picture" effect if you like.

Shrimpy posted this as a "good example" - which it undoubtably is. It has great content and is executed competently technically.

It's all too easy to forget we're in the business of making films that people (even if its just ourselves) will want to watch - and the technical aspect should always be subordinate to that.
    Tim

blimey the kid is good....brill voice....I went to the rest of his vids and watched the Michael Jackson medley...oh yes, did I say his video isn't too bad as well....lol

Lets not be under any miss conception, he is a good singer, he didn't make the video himself, he has a production crew that did the video.

I did see his Michael Jackson medley, I'm not a big MJ fan but I can appreciate that was a fantastic musical arrangement.

Can we have a button to nuke twats like angel123 please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast