Thread: after effects: time freeze question

Default after effects: time freeze question

in concern to andrew kramer's time freeze tutorial video (VIDEO COPILOT | Professional After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins & Pre-Keyed Stock Footage)

---is it safe to say for this to work you need a non moving bg like houses? trees in bg will destroy the effect right? also im thinking i want to have the person behind the frozen person to ctually walk in front of the frozen person. the way im thinking of doing this is once the one person freezes, now just leave the crop and nothing else. then have the second clip of the other walking around him behind the cropped frozen person and when the person walks in front of the frozen person, i would just animate a a mask on him as he walks by.

all sound good?

One last thing...

i am thinking of a scene, a long shot of a bridge from the bottom and i wanna have someone jump off it, so im planning on shoot someone pretending their falling in front of a green screen, then put then on the top of the bridge flling for the 2 second shot. im figuring with motion blur and the quickness of the shot, the person fake falling animations wont make it look too fake. does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on this?
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

wow... are the questions too complicated? i havent gotten 1 response on 3 forums ive posted these questions on yet
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Well I understand perfectly what you want to do. too bad I don't have a clue how it can be done.

Fingers crossed someone does

Quote Originally Posted by Sithxace View Post
    in concern to andrew kramer's time freeze tutorial video (VIDEO COPILOT | Professional After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins & Pre-Keyed Stock Footage)

---is it safe to say for this to work you need a non moving bg like houses? trees in bg will destroy the effect right?
    Yes.
    also im thinking i want to have the person behind the frozen person to ctually walk in front of the frozen person. the way im thinking of doing this is once the one person freezes, now just leave the crop and nothing else. then have the second clip of the other walking around him behind the cropped frozen person and when the person walks in front of the frozen person, i would just animate a a mask on him as he walks by.

all sound good?
    Sounds complicated. I'd do it this way
    You have clip A - with timefrozen character in it and clip B with the guy who walks around him.
    Place clip B onlayers 1 and 3 and clip A on layer 2. The simply stop playing layer 1 when he is next to the frozen guy and start playing layer 3 atthe moment layer 1 stops. You still have some masking though.

One last thing...

i am thinking of a scene, a long shot of a bridge from the bottom and i wanna have someone jump off it, so im planning on shoot someone pretending their falling in front of a green screen, then put then on the top of the bridge flling for the 2 second shot. im figuring with motion blur and the quickness of the shot, the person fake falling animations wont make it look too fake. does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on this?