Thread: Weird...

Default Weird...

I imported some clips into Premiere via my Canopus ADVC and edited them - very simple editing, razoring off the first few and the last few frames in each clip. They played fine in Premiere - looked just like I wanted them to. Imported them into Encore and, on one of them, the few frames at the beginning that I'd razored off are still there. I go back to Premiere to check, and they're not there. Anyone have any thoughts about what's going wrong?

Happy new year all, by the way. Am now back at work after two weeks off, so can spend much more time on the web...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

Sounds to me like you haven't exported the video...

Marc, thanks. I'd wondered about something like that but, generally, I've had no problems like this before. The way I work is simply to edit in Premiere, then 'Import as Timeline' into Encore. Although, thinking about it, there may have been one or two anomalies I've noticed... Should I therefore export each Premiere timeline/sequence as an .avi before importing it into Encore? I wonder...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

Blog Entries

Never done it this way as I always encode outside of Adobe. Had you saved the project?

Yes I had - that was my first thought. My second was that perhaps there was some problem with Premiere being open at the same time as Encore - perhaps the save hadn't 'taken', so I closed Premiere down. Made no difference, though. But I'm interested - you encode before importing into Encore? Do you encode into MPEG or AVI? I've never looked, but I assume you can import MPEG into Encore? I seem to recall a discussion elsewhere on the board about the virtues of encoding before or after importing into Encore and, from memory, it was inconclusive.

Well, I exported each of the timelines as an .avi, then imported the resulting files into Encore and - voila! Still not sure why I needed to, though. Oh, and I also managed to remember to insert chapters into this project (in Encore) - and it worked very well. Yes!!