Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One post then F*** Off

Default One post then F*** Off

I think I am getting old, very old. Why is there so many people these days who seem to turn up, make one post asking for something and then just fuck off without a word? I like helping others but sometimes I hesitate to reply to 01 posters as the non reply rate is so high. Finding someone who actually goes on to comment and join in seems to be rarer and rarer. As I said I am getting old, very old

There got that rant off my chest.

totally agree

Blog Entries

That's just part of it. People also complain that their question isn't answered, moan when they get an email from the board, whine when a link doesn't work, and sometimes expect a personal email service.

But that's just a result of being, in the main, a question and answer forum. In desperation, people come here for help. They may not be particularly interested in developing a hobby, just want to get some footage on a DVD. And because it is our hobby and we love to help, we duly oblige. Every now and again, we even get a thank you.

I never cease to be amazed, delighted and in some ways proud of the core members. Tim is the king of constructive critisism, Grazie the wizard of Song Vegas and The Gaffer the stalwart of sound advice. Everyone gives the time for the love of their profession, hobby or passion. And people may not always stick around, or even say thank you. But they always remember us and as the years go by, I see more and more people coming back years after their one post for advice.

Ok you have restored my faith in humanity.

You think thats bad I came home with a sticker on my recycling refuse saying they couldn't take it because it was not the right mix of things. Get this you can put glass bottles and tin cans in the same box but because it was my wifes 50 last week we had and over flow of bottles so I put them in a card board box. Unfortunately the stupid collector regarded that as mixing cardboard with glass and tin cans.

Now I've got 2 boxes of glass bottles and tin cans that I'll have to take my self to the recycling centre:(

Ye Gods Midnight, I can't believe you have the audacity to put your rubbish out and expect them to take it away. Your lucky it wasn't pushed back through your letter box

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Your lucky it wasn't pushed back through your letter box
    I had my letter box sealed up and keep an Alsatian Dog in the space behind it!

May be things are different up north !

From what I have read in the press they dont collect the litter anywhere up North. They have been on strike for ages.

I a glad you said it Farmer, as it had been playing on mind for a couple months, but was thinking like I am getting old in the tooth.

Asking for info that took ages to learn and through trial and error, watever happened to that?, it's the best way to learn and remember.

Info in the right hands is worth good money. oh well back into the fire..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast