Thread: Click to Win

Thumbs up Click to Win

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum so hi to all.

This is a video that my students made for a competition, last friday and edited on the saturday.

(I'm a newly qualified media teacher)

It wasnt a school project, just them and their enthusiasm for filming things. If you could all view it and help them out with a good rating, maybe a comment it'd great.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC-vvlC3eDU]YouTube - I'm on D Tube ft. D-Pain ( Lonely Island - I'm On a Boat Parody & Contest Entry)[/ame]

Also any comments on here about what you liked, didn't like etc would be good feedback fro them.

I know the sound is poor, i think it corrupted in the upload, and yes, one of them can act the other 2 cant at all! I think that adds to its comedy.

Thanks!!

Ryan

Blog Entries

Hi and Welcome.

I have deleted your three other copies of this.

Please do not duplicate posts all over the forum.

I appreciate you are keen for people to see your students' work but spamming is hardly teaching them the right way to go about it. It is extremely annoying for regulars (or any users come to that) to come up against the same video in different sections. If you're worried it might be missed - post the video one and link to tyhat post in other sections.

I (and probably others) will be happy to give the videos a viewing and some constructive criticism when you've contributed some criticism on others' films yourself. One good turn ....
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I (and probably others) will be happy to give the videos a viewing and some constructive criticism when you've contributed some criticism on others' films yourself. One good turn ....

Yes, I would quite like my efforts judged by a media teacher. I can't wait to see what you think of them. I look forward to feeding back on this one.

I'll concentrate on the sound side of the video. At the beginning they made a fatal error of continuity ie in some shots they have music playing and then cut 2 then cut 3 back to music cut 4 no music but some sound. This is an obvious no no. It creates confusion and disorientation in the viewer.

In the song potion of the video the voice was so distorted that I couldn't understand a word the were saying and the "vocoder" type sound was far to high in the mix.

They had some good shots. which was spoilt by the lighting shooting with strong sun light behind a person will give the camera problems.

At 1:40 they had a great stylised shot also it was a good idea having a black and white shot at 2:19 and later. This along with other cutting made it more interesting than it would otherwise be.

I understand it was a parody or ironic rap but this only works if it is as good as the real thing. Although I'm sure the other kids in class would have found it great.

I hope it's not to critical but I think the boys need some guidance to enable them to do better next time.