Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kite surfers

Default Kite surfers

This short film of some kite surfers at Hunstanton beach in Norfolk was shot in very windy conditions. The original sound was completely unusable due to wind noise and so I have used it as an exercise to play around with Atmosphere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TzcWeoW69s]YouTube - Hunstanton Beach Kite surfers[/ame]

I don't know if it's just me but I'm having a lot of difficulty watching you video. It keeps stopping and the only way it will play for me is if I flick between SD & HD viewing. Anyway I managed to get through it. I think you are definitely improving with your editing. I would have like to have seen more of the surfing so the video could have been longer for me.

Some good shots, did you use a tripod ? If not you've got a really steady hand.

The important bit, the sound, it seemed over all a bit quite but perfectly fitting with the pictures so you did a great job with that.

Thanks for the feedback

Even more thanks for commenting on how Youtube is playing it. I have been having real problems at my end and it does seem to be just my videos. Thats really weird as they are produced no differently to those that play well.

I thought I had something wrong with my system.

I've noticed YouYube can play up now and again.

plays (in embedded window) without problem here.

YouTube's been up and down like a fiddlers elbow recently!

I'm guessing you didn't include more of the surfing itself because they turn into little dots in the distance pretty quickly, but like Midnight, I'd like to have seen just a touch more of them.

I don't know what atmosphere is, but if that's generated sound you've done extemely well, even getting the sound of the wing flapping in the gust!

So, overall, very good but a tad too short to finish the story.

Hi Midnight

Sorry for brief reply but got called down to my tea. Scoff mmmmmmmmm. Yep I did use a tripod. I hung around on that beach for about an hour and they did everything but surf. The two surfers I caught briefly came along the beach from a long way off and promptly went back again. I couldnt wait any longer as I was supposed to be out for a walk with my wife

Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post

I don't know what atmosphere is, but if that's generated sound you've done extemely well, even getting the sound of the wing flapping in the gust!

So, overall, very good but a tad too short to finish the story.
    Hi Ian

Atmosphere produced the wind, waves, seagulls. The flapping is original sound toned down hugely. What I like about atmosphere is that I can take any recorded sound and use it with the software. The more I play with it the more I like it. I am using it rather crudely at the moment. Armed with my new digital recorder I will now be able to grab all sorts of sounds for inclusion.

Atmosphere Ambient Soundscape Generator - Create custom wellness / ambient natural sound MP3 and CD audio tracks for relaxation or royalty free distribution

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    I couldnt wait any longer as I was supposed to be out for a walk with my wife
    I'm lucky in a way because my wife does photography so she is a bit more understanding about how "us artist" need to wait for the moment. Actually we sometimes fight for the camera if we see a good shot. She's a bit competitive and has to get the shot before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    . Actually we sometimes fight for the camera if we see a good shot.
    I stopped the fighting with my wife, as she normally won! Cost me a new camera for her!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast