Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optical illusion

I posted this as an explanation

I use a number of forums and a friend in another place needs some help. Here is the story.

He bought a new camera and the other night was out playing with some timelapse shots of the moon. By pure chance he caught an aircraft that flew under the moon and appears to kiss its lower edge. Its beacon flashes at just the right time. He wants to use this footage as a signature on his films. A number of us in the other place have made suggestions for improvement but these would require software such as After Effects which he does not own.

What he would like is for the aircraft as it kisses the moon to leave a trail of sparkling dust that falls down to reveal the title. I suggested that perhaps someone could make that title and provide it as a clip that could be used to overlay the effect. I dont have After Effects so I am not sure that its possible.

Here is the title sequence containing the words he wishes to appear.

Then linked to the second video you posted here. Its a US site so may take a little while to get a response.

Thats great, thanks shrimpy

Hi Midnight I have one taker. Please check your messages.

Cheers

Blog Entries

As a blatant excuse to revive an old film I'd like to point out that Bluff Titler (a very inexpensive but extremely good 3D titling - 39.95 Euros - which worked out about 25 when I bought it) has some basic but quite usable particle effects. I used it in http://www.videoforums.co.uk/user-vi...our-elise.html for the "magic stars" and the smoke.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    As a blatant excuse to revive an old film I'd like to point out that Bluff Titler (a very inexpensive but extremely good 3D titling - 39.95 Euros - which worked out about 25 when I bought it) has some basic but quite usable particle effects. I used it in http://www.videoforums.co.uk/user-vi...our-elise.html for the "magic stars" and the smoke.
    That might work. Also Elise is a real starlet.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

What ever an NLE can do, you just can't beat the result from capturing the moment in real time. Dame Nature - she has it all!

The creativity comes when we first realise just WHAT we have got, and then, secondly, just WHAT we can then do with it.

A most enjoyable and "analogue" thread. Makes a true change from answer the "other" questions and might just assist me to keep going too.

Great set of Forums here Marc! Strike that - Great set of contributors - that's what I meant to say . . . .

I agree Grazie that was the original point of the post I was interested to see if anyone else had "been lucky" and captured some thing special. I would still like to hear any storeys or even better see some samples of being in the right place at the right time.

I have up loaded my attempt at "Special Effects" I know it's not very good but remember I only downloaded the software last night. I really wanted the sparkley bits to actually make up the letters but I just don't know how to do it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQV4ab80ZfI"]Midnight Blue Movie Opener[/ame]

Edit**************
    I follower IanA advice.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 01-13-2010 at 10:10 PM.

I just had a look at that software as well. The fact that it was a Titler put me off before, but having watched the trailer for it its clearly capable of so much more. The price point is a lot more attractive that After Effects as well.

Not at all bad for a first stab Midnight. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that software could actually do what you were looking for. I see in the demo they show a particle trail exploding letters.

I never looked at the demo I just did my usual thing of jump in head first into it and see what I can get it to do. lol

If it can do particle trail exploding letters it might work in reverse so the particles create the letters. Obviously I need to look deeper into what it is capable of doing.

I had another go at this to try and make the letters look like they are made from the sparkles. It's about the best I can do with what I've got.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast