Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Civic Turbo vs Pontiac Trans Am

1. Default Honda Civic Turbo vs Pontiac Trans Am

I was out at the races a few weekends ago and had all of my equipment with me. 4 camera's, 1 Canon XL1S, 1 Sony DCR-TRV10, 1 Bullet Cam, and a ultra small mini cam. The Sony was used to record from the bullet cam and I am sure you can pick out which was shot with what. I realize lighting is a huge issue in this instance so I did best with what I had. Both videos are of the exact same race. One video has all angles at one time, the other has the angles separately to show detail. Thank you again and let me know

What exactly are you asking for feedback on?

3. Default

What do you think of the video? Quality, angle, editing, sound, what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hondacrxdude View Post
    What do you think of the video? Quality, angle, editing, sound, what are your thoughts?
    There are two videos!

Quality: You know about the lighting, otherwise it is impossible to tell from compressed mini-screens!

Angle: Pretty straightforward!

Editing: Apart from the PIPs, there's very little to comment on.

Sound: Yes, the silencers need replacing!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    There are two videos!

Quality: You know about the lighting, otherwise it is impossible to tell from compressed mini-screens!

Check the second video for quality.

Angle: Pretty straightforward!

Thank you but, how steady are the angles, do they shake, are they terrible, close to useless shots?

Editing: Apart from the PIPs, there's very little to comment on.

Sure there is, if the fades were timed effectively, if the sound went out with the fades as well. Colors, are they improved enough to enjoy without wondering how terrible they look. It would look or be better with......(fill in here)

Sound: Yes, the silencers need replacing!
    Silencer's need replacing, what are you referring to? I am unfamiliar with that....

Thank you for your thoughts, any possible ideas or thought to critique it more I would like bullet holes shot through this video to know what I can do to make it better.

I would like bullet holes shot through this video to know what I can do to make it better.

Stand by to take fire

You have filmed the same event from a number of different viewpoints. Anyone with three cameras can do that. You have made a fundamental mistake of choosing a night shoot to demonstrate the visual quality of these cameras.

The edit merely consists of placing three clips on 3 timelines so your not going to get any technical marks there. Ok 1 for managing to sync the clips.

Overall the picture quality is very poor. A small light on the rear parcel shelf of the car pointing forwards would have at least illuminated the interior of the car so that the driver is not in silhouette.

Try something in the day so that meaningful feedback can be given. We all want to help you improve your videos but you have got to give us some daylight shots.

The sound quality seemed ok though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Try something in the day so that meaningful feedback can be given. We all want to help you improve your videos but you have got to give us some daylight shots.
    To wit: the daytime vid of the Lotus & some other tin box posted in another thread is FAR superior.

I'd go further than Shrimpy and give you another point. Your videos are short - and I don't mean this in a disparaging way (so we don't have to suffer them for so long hah hah hah) but (apart fromthe fact we can't see anything in most of them) they begin, show the action and end. No superfluous stuff.

By way of comparison, your "Fred's (or whatever his name was) Fist Boy Racer" film was far too long for the content.
    Tim

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    To wit: the daytime vid of the Lotus & some other tin box posted in another thread is FAR superior.

I'd go further than Shrimpy and give you another point. Your videos are short - and I don't mean this in a disparaging way (so we don't have to suffer them for so long hah hah hah) but (apart fromthe fact we can't see anything in most of them) they begin, show the action and end. No superfluous stuff.

By way of comparison, your "Fred's (or whatever his name was) Fist Boy Racer" film was far too long for the content.
    Haha...The other Tin Box was a Subaru Impreza Sti....far from a tin box. This one is Made in Japan The only worry I have of a daylight shot is police, I am creating anothing video now of another tin box but it is in the daytime. I will post it once I am finished.

How long would you suggest a video like "Ben's Turbo Hatch" to be? Does it make it seem longer since I used a lot of the same over the shoulder angle?

The only worry I have of a daylight shot is police,

I thought that was the case. I am ex police but not ex traffic. They will hang you out to dry if they catch you. These days they have huge powers to seize the car. I am not your dad and I well remember my past with motorbikes etc but I would urge you not to make films of you exceeding the speed limits. I want you to enjoy yourself but not kill yourself.

Blog Entries

The "tin box" comment was purely used because, having no interest in cars, I didn't really pay any attention to the make/model (in the same way as I couldn't remember Ben's name). The only reason I remembered the Lotus is because my daughter's name is Elise. So, rest assured, it wasn't derogatory.

The length of the film of Ben? Tricky one that. Try to aim for "not quite as long as the viewer would like" - the old "keep 'em wanting more" trick.

Basically it was long because we couldn't see very much.

I'm surprised about the "police" comment. The Lotus/Impreza film was surely private property? Can't you do the same for other films?

And I couldn't possibly condone illegal activity - especially dangerous driving on a public highway. (But you didn't ask for comments on that)
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast