Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The DV device is unavailable for device control

1. Default The DV device is unavailable for device control

Deja vous.
    I'm like getting this message. I'm using a firewire though, and everything is plugged in right. I've used it before, only a few times though, and last time was a couple of months ago so memory is foggy (champagne not helping. Happy new year!).
    I'm plugging in my camera before starting Premire. Camera is plugged into it's power. I tried both camera mode and play mode. Then I go to File/Capture/Movie Capture. Both the sound and video buttons are pushed down. My settings under the edit buttons are fine, the ones I've used before. I've even tried playing the movie before I try capturing, since I've had luck with that in the past with different software. I can't figure out what I'm doing differently! This is my husband's birthday, my son's birthday, and Christmas on this tape and if I can't get them on dvd I will cry for weeks. GRRRR!!!

Quite often something as simple as not having your camera plugged into the mains will cause this .... it's always a bit temperamental.
    - Join the Secret 7000 -

3. Default

It is plugged in though. I double checked all the plugs.

Blog Entries

Is the camera recognised by windows? Goto start > My Computer and look for the camcorder icon with the camcorder connected.

5. Default

Yup. It sure is there. And Adobe still isn't recognizing the connection.

Default Premier not recognizing camcorder

I was wondering what camcorder you are useing - I have a 3CCD chip Panasonic camcorder and have loads of trouble getting to open Premiere - with it - often get the message program is not responding. the message you have - seems to be a connection problem - but I am sure you have looked into that.Sorry I can't help.
    Joyce.

Default PREMIERE not recognizing camcorder

it's Joyce again - just wondered if you have any other editing software to try capturing your film - I tried everything even bought a cheaper camcorder with all the ins and outs I needed - and swapped my film to that - and it worked!

8. Default

It's a Sharp vl-z3. Hmm, maybe I better try getting other software for it. I'd hate to get a new camera just to capture. I think I have Ulead 4 around here somewhere...

9. Default

Well, that worked. So I got to cature with one software, edit with another, edit the sound with another, and then finish the whole format off with another. Silly me when I got the dang camera I just thought I needed one piece of software.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the CRAZY world of video editing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast