Thread: argh! movie editing shouldn't be this hard!

Default argh! movie editing shouldn't be this hard!

I am trying to make a fan video of Firefly / Serenity (who wouldn't!) taking clips from all the episodes, putting them to a fitting peice of music and sharing with as many people as will watch.
    I am using Windows Movie Maker. It's not a complicated video I am trying to make so I figured it would work. And being free... it fits my budget!

I have the series and movie on DVD. I thought getting a video to my hard drive for editing would be somewhat easy. Apparently I was wrong.
    I have used multiple rippers and covnerters but I seem to not be able to get the full episodes onto my computer.
    Using the VOB fiels in WMM has given me issues with clipping the video. It doesnt clip at the frame I need / want.

So, is there some other software that would work to give me good file formats for use in WMM, that is also budget minded?
    And / Or is there another process entirely that would make the whole evolution much easier?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Whilst we are pleased to help with the video editing side, the matter of ripping content is a grey area we have a policy of avoiding. However, whilst not going into specifics, you will find a host of information about doing exactly what you want on The 'Geeks guide to backing up a DVD to your HDD - Forum - VideoHelp.com