Thread: capture problems

Default capture problems

Hi all,
    At the end of June I purchased a Panasonic nvsg50 dv cam from U.S. I checked that it was compatible with GB settings. But I cannot seem to "capture" any data. I have an Xp home edition with 120gb hardrive, using a firewirecard and Ulead studio 7 software for capturing (along with other software). But all I am getting when I "hit" capture is something like: "Panasonic web camera not set right". It says something like "not connected properly, connect the USB cable". The question is: Does the pc think that I have a web camera installed or does it say this when it doesn't know what to do? I have checked the device manager and all looks good. I have heard that I should download SP1 from Microsoft but it always stops half way through the download (using broaband) so again I'm at a loss. Do you think if I took the pc back to factory settings I would get rid of the problem which could be causing it not to work. I have spoken to Panasonic and they seem to think it might possibly be the dv connector on the camera itself. I have checked it on 2 other pc's with the same result. I do hope you can help please as this is driving me potty! Thank you.[/b]

Blog Entries

Are you using the Firewire or USB connection?

I'm using a firewire