Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 9 Question

Default Sony Vegas Pro 9 Question

Hi guys!
    I'm new to the forum, please forgive the questions.

I have spent the last 2 days trying to find a NLE software to use with my new Panasonic TM20. I've been using Premiere Pro for a few years now and have grown very comfortable with it, but I'm having issues with the picture when importing my MTS files, and I'm not able to export with 5.1 audio (no without spending a lot of money on plug ins).

I would like to try Vegas Pro 9, but I was wondering if it'll support MTS files, and if it'll export audio in 5.1.

If not, will I need plugins for it? If so, where can I find more information on it? I can't seem to find a list of what I would require. It's all worded to sell you something, but I can't be sure.

All I really want is to maintain max quality from my MTS files and to utilize the 5.1 audio that is supported by my camera.

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

Yes it'll do 5.1 out of the box.
    As for file types - from the Sony site:

Supported File Formats

Opens: AA3, AAF, AIF, ASF, AU, AVI, BMP, BWF, CDA, DIG, DLX, DPX, DV, EXR, FLAC, GIF, HDP, IVC, JPG, M2T, M2TS, MOV, Sony MXF, MP3, MP4, M4A, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, MTS, OGG, OMA, PCA, PNG, PSD, QT, R3D, SFA, SND, SWF*, TIFF, TGA, VOX, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
    Saves: AA3, AC3, AIF, ATRAC, AVC, AVI, DPX, EXR, FLAC, HDP, MOV, MP3, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, MP4, M2T, Sony MXF, OGG, PCA, RM, W64, WAV, WMA, WMV

So, yes & no!
    Tim

It might just be me.. but I can't seem to find an EXPORT as media option in Vegas.

I see export to PSP, and other stuff, but nothing where I can select format, etc.

Hi Guys

My Vegas 9 supports MTS files from both Sony and Panasonic cams without a problem...anything below Version 8C had a problem with MTS.

However, be aware that to edit AVCHD sucessfully you must look at a QuadCore processor as an absolute minimum requirement otherwise you will battle to preview the video!!

Most people are rendering AVCHD back to DVD still so unless you have a BD writer and a BD player then it's a LOT easier to transcode AVCHD back to AVI and edit and render as SD and it's pretty hard to tell the difference!!!!

Chris

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheShamsMan View Post

I see export to PSP, and other stuff, but nothing where I can select format, etc.
    It's under File| Render as ...
    Tim