Thread: Finally! My entry.

Default Finally! My entry.

You'll have to download it - about 17Mb before you can play it.

Struggled to get an export out at all and the final quality/bitrate is not my preferred (especially through the credits) but here it is.

http://www.alandmills.co.uk/AFMTK.wmv

First fiction for a few years. Quite rusty.

A couple of 333 references in it though. main movie stops on 3:33 but it does go over for the credits.

If I get time I'll try an dup the quality of the final render.

Comments good and bad please.

Alan

Nice polished job. I think I need another viewing but something seemed to happen to the sound in the living room scene. Clever script maybe too clever for me. Biblical quoting hit man. Very original.

Very good job.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 10-29-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Blog Entries

McGill returns.

Strangely believable as a hit-man Millsy, don't know if that's a good thing or not

Well this has to be in with a good chance as its the only one so far that can claim to be clearly connected with the competition theme. I am happy with what I see visually except for one tiny point of detail, the gun. It appears to be a replica (which is what one should expect) but the end of the barrel is sealed. The weapon looks convincing from all angles except when viewed end on. Point that at an armed response team though and your lights will definitely go out quicker than a power cut.

As for the story I think its a clever idea. The confrontation in the living room was not menacing enough and I too have not got a clue what was going on between the two on the couch? In the final moments of the film that does become a little clearer however it didn't make sense to me what the bloke had been executed for.

On a point of authenticity I feel a hit man would never place his gun on a table near to the victim. Many films show people placing guns in the smalls of peoples backs, against their heads etc yet its is surprisingly easy to take a weapon off someone without being shot and break their hand in the process.

Cracking effort though and has to be in with a good chance of winning the goodies bag.
    Last edited by Shrimpfarmer; 10-28-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Re Shrimpy's comments:

Like many of the members of this forum, not being an ex-cop and not being an armed robber, the technicalities of the gun passed me by!

I reserve any other comments until after the judges ahve judged.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Well this has to be in with a good chance as its the only one so far that can claim to be clearly connected with the competition theme. I am happy with what I see visually except for one tiny point of detail, the gun. It appears to be a replica (which is what one should expect) but the end of the barrel is sealed. The weapon looks convincing from all angles except when viewed end on. Point that at an armed response team though and your lights will definitely go out quicker than a power cut.
    Gun is an airsoft gun that fore littel plastic BB pellets. Barrel is most definitiely NOT blocked.

As for the story I think its a clever idea. The confrontation in the living room was not menacing enough and I too have not got a clue what was going on between the two on the couch? In the final moments of the film that does become a little clearer however it didn't make sense to me what the bloke had been executed for.
    A story idea I've had for ages. A littel massaging to make it fit the comp theme. Originally intended to be some sort of play-for-today half hour romp of playing one off against another before we finally find out who is telling truth. Seriously stripped down to get into 3:33. Even what we shot was over five minutes. A bundle of serious cutting to get it in the timeframe required and it loses a budle of interesting stuff for that. Lots of talk from my mates about making the full Director's Cut soon. Maybe one day.

On a point of authenticity I feel a hit man would never place his gun on a table near to the victim. Many films show people placing guns in the smalls of peoples backs, against their heads etc yet its is surprisingly easy to take a weapon off someone without being shot and break their hand in the process.
    Probably right, but we needed to introduce the gun in teh timeframe available. Never had to disarm anyone pointing a gun at me yet so don;t know about the latter point. lol

Biggest headache was how to introduce Frankie. He;s been on the card for literally years but never yet made it to film. Needed to introduce him as apprentice much quicker than hoped.

Cracking effort though and has to be in with a good chance of winning the goodies bag.
    Cheers.

OK, I'll throw this one in as no one else has commented on it...

Has no one noticed McGill is wearing a Videoforums polo shirt? I did it for you guys

Blog Entries

Not only very subtle, but almost entirely covered by your, sorry his, jacket.
    Tim

Blog Entries

I use mine to do the decorating in. When my mates helped me move, I made them all wear dd polo shirts. My dad was initially reluctant, but found it hilarious walking around ikea pretending to be a director. He seemed to think everyone would know what digital director was. Bless.