Thread: Creating DVD with Encore CS3

Unhappy Creating DVD with Encore CS3

Hey everyone.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before: What is the best procedure to create a DVD using Adobe Encore CS3?

The thing is I edited my footage on Premiere CS3 then I chose Export to Encore from there it started to import my footage, which was a m2v & wav file, and it was taking quite a long time to transcode when Encore opened up. When I noticed it was taking forever to import to encore I cancelled it. Then using the files that were already created, the m2v & wav file, I created a new Encore DVD Project and then imported the m2v as an asset. I left it to import and checked back about 6 hours after and I noticed it was only at 10% and the remaining time was increasing rather than decreasing. It had something like 38 hours remaining and the time was still going up.

So I gave up and cancelled it.

I know it takes long to encode files to DVD and forgive me if I sound like an amateur but I am willing to get any help possible. My project is 1 hour 9mins of edited footage. I would estimate it would take about 12hours to transcode as assets in encore till I can finally burn it to a DVD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this question has been asked before, can I be pointed towards the link that has the post. I would be of big help. Once again forgive me if this question has been asked before.

Thanks,

Not personally familiar with 'Export to Encore' option.

I always just export out as MPEG DVD so I get the usual m2v and wav files. From there I start a new Encore project and import them as assets. Never had any grief from it at all.

Obviously exporting to M2v and wav can takle some time depending on your project but once yo have those files, the Encore part has always been a breeze.

Appreciate the help Alan Mills. I will try it your way and see if it works out for me. This was the first time I actually used the Export to Encore option. Maybe its best to do it the old fashion way. Once again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Not personally familiar with 'Export to Encore' option.

I always just export out as MPEG DVD so I get the usual m2v and wav files. From there I start a new Encore project and import them as assets. Never had any grief from it at all.

Obviously exporting to M2v and wav can takle some time depending on your project but once yo have those files, the Encore part has always been a breeze.
    Im exporting a project to MPEG2 DVD as I type..once in Encore, can I create a ISO image file?