Thread: Masking Judder problem Sony Vegas 9

1. Default Masking Judder problem Sony Vegas 9

I have search everywhere but can't find a solution for this problem...

In simple terms I have 2 video clips @ 30 fps.... I put the clips on track one and track two. The mask works fine to view and does add the mask area on the overaall video

On track one I mark around and object which is about one third of the left of the video. Track two is the master video... I move track one along the time line for a few seconds..... I play the preview.... When you watch track one playing the movement is normal...As soon as the marker reaches the part where track one and track two play together, the master video become judders as if it missies out a few frames at a time... As soon as the marker gets past the section where track one and track two plays, the master track is smoothe. I have tried many options with NON interlace, Lower field, etc etc etc,, but I can't solve it ..Even after rendering with many options is it still the same.... I guess it is something simple and I hope someone can put me out of my misery.. Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Just to clarify, the problem occurs when there are events on TWO tracks under the playback cursor, and it occurs even in rendered footage, yes?

What happens if you step through the footage at this point one frame at a time?

I ask because I've experienced problems when I have many tracks on the go. Not the same problem as you, but random "blocks" of other events appearing - these EVEN appear if I step through one frame at a time.

On the occasion I've had this I've found a good defrag normally sorts things out (ad this is on a system which I regularly defrag anyway. Only had the problem since version 9.
    Tim

Masks in Vegas are very demanding what you describe will happen.
    try the preview on the lowest setting and see if that helps...

I Suggest you highlight the region and use pre-render SHIFT+B and then see how it plays, if it does then all is well.
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 10-26-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    try the preview on the lowest setting and see if that helps...

I Suggest you highlight the region and use pre-render SHIFT+B and then see how it plays, if it does then all is well.
    I was thinking the same as you except that theOP said that it happened even AFTER rendering.
    Tim

Somewhere amongst all this is a mismatch of frame rates.

Shift-B will render what? It will render What the Project is set to. If that judders then there is a project mismatch - yes? If not, then fine.

There HAS to be a mismatch of render. We need to know the frame rates of the media; have they been veloed?; any CTRL drags going on?; how are the projects settings for interlace?; are these stills with large reso going on? Much to consider. Throwing different tremplates at it could/will only confuse matters. Need to know the facts!

Need to know more.