Thread: Burning DVD's - Please help me!!!

Default Burning DVD's - Please help me!!!

I tried to burn a DVD this weekend for the first time. I edited the movie (downloaded from my camera) using the free MS video package. I saved the file as an AVI. When I burn the disc it does play on my stand alone Panasonic DVD player, but the image and sound jumps/stutters every couple of seconds!
    Is this because the file should be saved as a MPEG-2 before I try to burn it, or another problem?
    I've just spent a lot of money on a new PC (well to me anyway) with the sole purpose of creating DVD movies of my wedding, at this rate I'll be divorced by time I get the DVD completed.

I'd be so grateful if someone could help as I've had enough!

PS what is the best entry level editing suite that incorporates the DVD burning aspect.

Thanks in advance.

Rich.

Blog Entries

What software are you using to create the DVD?

Default Re: Burning DVD's - Please help me!!!

Hi , Yes you should encode your file as mpeg2 for DVD standard though mpeg1 is an option. The sound jumping and stuterring may be from bitrate issues or mux rate. You want to use a high quality encoder to do the encoding.

Hope this helps.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Lunto

I tried to burn a DVD this weekend for the first time. I edited the movie (downloaded from my camera) using the free MS video package. I saved the file as an AVI. When I burn the disc it does play on my stand alone Panasonic DVD player, but the image and sound jumps/stutters every couple of seconds!
    Is this because the file should be saved as a MPEG-2 before I try to burn it, or another problem?
    I've just spent a lot of money on a new PC (well to me anyway) with the sole purpose of creating DVD movies of my wedding, at this rate I'll be divorced by time I get the DVD completed.

I'd be so grateful if someone could help as I've had enough!

PS what is the best entry level editing suite that incorporates the DVD burning aspect.

Thanks in advance.

Rich.

What is the answer to the last part of the quaestion?

"PS what is the best entry level editing suite that incorporates the DVD burning aspect. "

I would also like to know.
    [/quote]

There isn't really a best as everyone has their own preferences and expectations.
    I have used Ulead VideoStudio 7 and Nero Vision Express and between them they have made DVDs as I wanted on most occasions.
    Have a look at their websites as free trial downloads are usually available.
    Good luck,
    Sean.