Thread: Premiere pro cs4 help asap project not loading!!

Default Premiere pro cs4 help asap project not loading!!

Ok so let me break down the events leading up to this:

I am editing a 720p 24fps vids

For the last 2 days my windows media player was acting up when I loaded mpg files

When I was done editing my project in premiere I went to export it

As usual premiere opened up adobe media encoder

For some reason media encoder would encode the project and just stop without giving so much as an error message

I got sidetracked and decided ton reinstall some codecs to make WMP work again (I did and I just had to reinstall the CCCP codec pack. I also did a reinstall of FFDSHOW to be safe)

All of this while premiere and media encoder were open

So I closed down premiere and encoder for a bit because I decided to try and work out the problems with encoder later

I came back and now when I got to load the project in premiere and opens the loading bar and gets about 90% of the way full and then freezes. I have to close premiere using the task manager.

I thought it was a time issue so I starting the loading the project and left to go see a movie. I cam back about 4hrs later and it was still frozen.

I don't know what to do. I dont think the codec thing is relevant but I figured I would share everything.

PLEASE HELP!!

sonic, were you able to resolve this? im experiencing a similar issue with premiere cs4. exporting to media encoder froze at some point, and i had to kill it with task manager. i was unable to load the project, as it froze while loading (hard drive light stopped). i was able to recover an older autosave and made about 13 hours of edits without closing due to fear of crashing. when exporting, it froze media encoder again (stuck on loading video) and premiere crashed. i am now unable to load any project files as they all freeze and i just lost hours and hours of work. i had to swith to another machine with cs3 and am starting over (aggravating). if there is a way to recover cs4 project, it would save me a lot of time. i tried updating from 4.0 to 4.2.1 as well, but files still didnt load. i also cleared the render and preview files and still nothing.....why cs4 whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????

I had similar problems in the past. The problems was due because the original project was stored on an external HD. When I transfer the project on C: everythings worked.

Manuele Trullu

KDVIDEO blog
    KDvideo.it

FILM LOOK preset reel
    Last edited by Manuele; 02-15-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Manuele Trullu

KDVIDEO BLOG (FILM LOOK presets available from February 23 2010)

KDvideo.it