Thread: Rebuild and maiden

Default Rebuild and maiden

A while ago I became involved in a discussion on a forum with a very talented guy who was restoring a crashed model aircraft and at the same time converting it into a unique replica of a real aircraft.

The whole process was really fascinating to watch and I made this film so that other forum users could witness the culmination of the project.

The first part shows the conversion via a slide show set to music and then its maiden flight. If part one is too slow for you then skip ahead to 3.45 to see it take to the air.

The rebuild was a painstaking process by a guy called Gary brown. The owner and pilot is a guy called Alex Slams. The pressure on him not to crash the model after such a long rebuild by Gary was immense. Just have a look at him after the flight.

Shrimpy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9Cu2ogb5g]YouTube - Klemm rebuild[/ame]

Blog Entries

I'm sure Alex in particular will love that.

I really felt tension watching the maiden flight (which i'm sure wouldn't have been the case without watching the slide show beforehand). Well captured.

I don't think the slide show was too slow or too long - cretainly not for the intended audience, but I did rather think the spinning images spoiled it.

I can understand the desire to spice the slideshow up a bit but if you REALLY must, then make the spins/transitions/whatever last only very briefly and then hold the image afterwards. This is after all a "technical" slide show, so anything that stops people being able to understand the images they are seeing is just an annoyance. Pan & Crops on the other hand are fine as they can be used to draw attention to detail.

Aside from that, I thought it was quite a good record and good enough to keep me watching to the end.
    Tim

Well I am delighted that you felt the tension because you could feel it on the day and I wanted to convey that. I totally except the comments re the spinning images and I will not be doing that again.

Thanks for the feedback

Nice one Shrimpy. I like the areal shots mixed with the maiden flightshots. Good idea.